Active Topics

I've written a simple mouse polling program.

I didn't wanted to hack xserver-omap, since they removed the evdev mouse support from kdrive X server... (Why !?!) And as far as i know kdrive only support one mouse driver at a time, and the stylus use tslib so no evdev mouse support and stylus support would have been possible at the same time.

I use a simple Logitech Usb Mouse. The mouse polling work with mouse motion however clicks doesn't work. If someone is interested and want to work on this project just contact me at maemo@devlife.org

I run a custom kernel, but this should run on the stock kernel, If it's not the case, I've just enabled CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y

http://devlife.org/en/projects/16/mo...n800-n810.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pix For This Useful Post:
Thank you!

I had written a crummy perl script to do something similar, but it was way too slow

For now, "evrouter" should be able to make the mouse buttons do whatever we want.
http://www.bedroomlan.org/~alexios/coding_evrouter.html

Please keep us updated!!!

A mouse would be perfect for Nokia Tablets.

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get round this for ages!

Just need to tweak it to accept relative values and all will be well

Many thanks! Works a treat

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bucuresti
Keep up the good work!It will be very nice to have a mouse on the tablet

Must Have Quake!

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Minneapolis
Any Updates?

As i said in another post i'm quite busy at the moment so i couldn't work on this project. i should be able to continue in a week or two.

One note - the VNC server has something which makes the mouse work. Qt3 applications show the mouse cursor and it will jump to where you tap, but with VNC it will track the remote dot.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Just need a way to see the cursor, this is awsome, and not CPU intesive or anything.

Some control over speed would be most awesome.

This is great BT mouse working here,
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.