Hi how do i access installed program files on the N900 so i could transfer installed apps from device to memory card and vise versa
cheers for any help

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Apps can't be installed to the memory card or the "32GB" eMMC (MyDocs to be specific)

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Apps can't be installed to the memory card or the "32GB" eMMC (MyDocs to be specific)
Which sucks really to be honest -_-

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Which sucks really to be honest -_-
I was kind of expecting that as a reply, if you want move root to the eMMC and install apps to the new 32GB root, you can't use any USB mass storage options though (which are also to blame for the usage of VFAT as the default filesystem)

ok bummer lol is there anyway i can just accees the the files though like program files in windows

You can't, linux doesn't install to one directory only, binaries are installed to /usr/bin, libraries in /usr/lib, shared file in /usr/share.
You're better off not changing anything there.

right o i'll leave it as it is then

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
You can't, linux doesn't install to one directory only, binaries are installed to /usr/bin, libraries in /usr/lib, shared file in /usr/share.
You're better off not changing anything there.
Just for the elaboration to your point, Windows doesn't install to one directory either. ^^

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I was kind of expecting that as a reply, if you want move root to the eMMC and install apps to the new 32GB root, you can't use any USB mass storage options though (which are also to blame for the usage of VFAT as the default filesystem)
I know that but it would be much better if you can add a partition for apps. 2GB + 256MB is really not enough. I have to stay moving items manually using symlink.

What I want is that root maybe gets a virtual partition added from home partition and home gets added a partition from MyDcos. is it possible? It certainly doesn't seem possible..but one can only hope. I know things might be slower, but only for the added partitions. Without them you might not have the apps installed at all because you wouldn't have had free space.