Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Since about an hour ago, Calendar no longer lets me create repeating events. Has this happened to you? What did you do to fix it?

I created an event for July 13, 2012. It starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 7:00 PM. I want the event to repeat on July 14. I selected "Repeat Every Day", then choose July 14 as the end date. When I press "Save", Calendar says, "The end date of a repeating even can't be earlier than the first event".

I get the same response from Calendar for all-day events and for events with and without a reminder.

What was I doing an hour ago? I noticed that I couldn't start the web browser, so I closed all the applications and rebooted my phone. Then I read a little e-mail. Then I tried the calendar.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
I figured it out. It was "pilot error". The problem was between chair and keyboard.

When you set the "repeat until" date of an event, Calendar shows you the current month, not the month in which the event begins. July 13 is a Friday, just like April 13. I didn't notice that I was telling Calendar to repeat my event from July 13 until the previous April 13, yesterday.

I'm stepping away from my phone slowly now. :-)