Active Topics

Hello guys,

I recently acquired a Nokia N900 and i absolutely like the device although i'm experiencing a quite annoying issue.

My Nokia N900 will only cold power on after inserting a USB cable. Otherwise, when the power button is pressed, only the Nokia splash screen is shown and then it turns off, with a yellow LED fading indication.

I already flashed the device, put it in R&D mode, disabled the watchdog timers on the boot, flashed again, but still can't get rid of that annoying thing that is being unable to turn on the phone after turning it off.

Do anyone of you have experienced such thing?

Thank you guys ;- )

Last edited by noiseqowo; 2011-04-22 at 08:38.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
i dunno
charge it?

Well, no. I tested with two batteries, both fully charged.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Have you done a full reflash (eMMC and rootfs)? If you haven't try that, if you have then did you buy it new or second hand? If new, then return it as faulty, if second hand, go to Nokia's site and see if Nokia will do a warranty repair (they base it on their recorded manufacture date for the device if you don't have a receipt).

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Have you done a full reflash (eMMC and rootfs)? If you haven't try that, if you have then did you buy it new or second hand? If new, then return it as faulty, if second hand, go to Nokia's site and see if Nokia will do a warranty repair (they base it on their recorded manufacture date for the device if you don't have a receipt).
Done full reflash some four times. Can it be caused by the BME sub-system?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
What do you mean by cold power on? Do you mean just turning back on after switching off, or after removing the battery for several minutes?

The difference being is there is normally a minimal system running BME, but it won't be running if you have had the battery out.

Another thing you could try is Cold Flashing, it is meant for when you have messed up the bootloader so can't flash normally, I'm not sure if it is appropriate for your problem but I can't think what else to suggest other than send it to Nokia to fix.

Problem solved. Battery was removed for a day and now the system boots normally. It was enough to clear the internal clock settings that led to solving the issue. Thanks.