Active Topics

Okay so as some people know, I have a N810 that I purchased for $190 and sorta recently I purchased a "dev" unit for $60, a N810 with broken touchscreen. I've been toying with the idea of flashing it with experimental kernels but have been busy.

Using an install I transferred from the working N810, I was using a usb hub with a usb mouse (using the hacked together and buggy "drivers" posted on this forum), and a USB keyboard (required when dealing with devices sans touchscreen). See pressing CTRL+ALT+TAB brings up the Application Menu, thus allowing software to be installed or for that matter selected.

Anyway I don't know what happened but I grabbed one of them and started browsing through the application list, then the battery was low and set it down, reaching for the other. Realizing the second one was my main tablet, confused I realized the touchscreens were working on both now!

Not sure how this happened though I did drop (bouncing off the edge of my coffee table) before hitting the ground, one of the tablets tonight. I thought it was the main one, but perhaps it was defective one. and if so perhaps the vibration knocked the touchscreen adapter's "controller" back in place.

Anyway WOO-HOO!!!

....Now if only I could drop my laptop in such a way that it stops freezing when I move it

Tags
lazareth, n810, revived, touchscreen