Active Topics

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Hi all, i'm new here and hope someone can help me with this. First off, I only got this phone for about 2 weeks and haven't messed around with it too much. Then all of a sudden today, the OVI store doesn't work anymore. It just shows a message telling me to update the OVI store by going to Application Manager, and Update.

I already did that and it's still showing that. So i searched around and found this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=15

I tried that and it doesn't work. And now not only does that NOT fix the initial problem, but now my MicroB browser doesn't work anymore!! So now i can't even open the OVI store as it just closes straight away after 3 seconds, and the MicroB browser itself does the same thing, it shows a black screen with the white loader wheel icon on the status bar, and it closes after about 3 seconds.....

I searched for solutions on how to fix it and found this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=555663&postcount=6

but it doesn't work either!!

How do I fix this??!!

And apparently to fix my initial problem, I have to disable or uninstall the "hide user agent" plugin, and I do have that installed but I didn't know about this until I read page one of the same thread i posted above.......but anyway someone plz help me fix the browser problem.

EDIT:

BTW i dun wanna reflash, coz first of all i dunno how and dun wanna risk breaking my fone as i'm still new to using it. I do have experience in hacking PSP and jailbreaking iPod, as well as dealing with Android and Symbian and Windows Mobile etc, but for linux or rather, Maemo, i'm not that confident in what to do.......but more importantly, i dun wanna risk losing all my apps and stuff i installed already, so i prefer a quick easy solution to fix the browser, otherwise i can still use Opera and Firefox (Fennec), just that i like MicroB more coz it's faster and more stable etc....

Last edited by chaoscreater; 2010-05-24 at 09:46.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
This might be even stupid thing to ask but you have rebooted device?

either that, or the best option you have is running the backup, which backs up all your contacts, messages and application list, and reflashing, and thereafter, running restore