Hello,

Could someone tell me how to execute a single line of command each time my N900 restarts?

In my case, the filesystem gets write-protected each time the device gets a reboot. However issuing:

Code:
root
mount -o remount, rw /home/user/MyDocs
after each boot, fixes the issue. My question is how to automate this so that I don't need to execute these commands every time manually.

Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
However you are focusing on curing the symptoms. The disease is that there is a problem with your file system. The kernel recognizes that and mounts it as read-only. I strongly suggest that you check your file system. The easiest way is chkdsk in Windoze when attached in mass storage mode. Or you can unmount your /dev/mmcblk0p1 and run fsck on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@pichlo

I am aware that there is something wrong with the filesystem. However, the usb port is broken one thing and the second is fsck doesn't fix anything at all. The system works fine except mounting itself as read-only at each boot. fsck execution never finishes even with auto-repair switch on. Rather it scrolls garbage characters on the screen and gets stuck even after many hours of waiting.

So, I will stick to re-mounting solution till I get a new phone or decide to format it. Again, can't reflash, because the usb broken.

The Following User Says Thank You to gsever100 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Startup_script
My script is as follows:

Code:
start on started hildon-desktop
stop on starting shutdown
console none
service

script

mount -o remount,rw /home/user/MyDocs

end script
however, it doesn't seem to work. I can't get the system mounted for write access. It is still in read-only mode. Is there a trick that I miss here?