Notices

Hello everyone

I have setup a google talk account on my N900 and it works fine over Wi-Fi. However when I connect using my carrier's data plan, google talk says it is connected but I cannot receive or send any messages. Also, I can't see any contacts online.

I thought the problem was with my carrier, but here's the catch: With Pidgin on the N900, Google talk works just fine.
I've been scratching my head over this a lot. I searched extensively but have not found anything. Any ideas anyone? I'm stumped.

Also, facebook chat works just fine over wifi or carrier, using integrated client or pidgin. (And it's the same protocol as google talk!)

hmm, cant really see what could be wrong but if it works over wifi and not carrier, i would be calling the carrier.
try to delete the account and reconfigure it.
maybe try a different sim? get a friend to lend you one to test. from different carrier maybe.
i have everything working well. gtalk, facebook, etc. both on wifi and carrier. no extra settings needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to manifesto42 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to try another carrier. I will post my results when I get to it.