Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I dropped some chocolate into my lap (left over Easter egg - sue me!) and it melted. I failed to notice until I realised that my n900 was also in my lap...

How do you get chocolate out of the USB port?

lick it out? i did it with my old phone, but dont get carried away its no a lg chocolate, i want to eat that phone

if that does work point the usb downwards and let the chocolate slowly harden on the outer side and then take out with toothpick or something.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
i'd hate to say it, but maybe something akin to sucking the venom out of a snake bite? or maybe making out with your n900's usb port would do the job. either way, its an awful dirty job

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Kathy, - this may be the proof i needed... chocolate does improve the performance of a usb connection to the N900 - very scientific - and impressed!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
mmm tasty lint!
My Site and Blog

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
With any luck the chocolate will form a stronger bond than the surface-mounted solder and render the usb connector indestructable.

Let us know how you get on.

will it improve battery life?

My n900 is coming tommorow! i cant wait! il stay away from chocolate tho, dont want to snog n ruin my phone :P

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mrr View Post
will it improve battery life?
Certainly not. There aren't a lot of benefits to mixing electronics and food, not matter how good both of these may be

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hahahahahahaha!, I would try to get a pin and get the chocolate out of there.. O.o

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
On a serious note maybe use a toothpick and then a cotton bud dipped in hot water) to scrub out the excess.

Strongly suggest you remove the battery before doing anything.

Be careful. I do not accept any responsibility for the advice given because I have been drinking very nice alcohol.

Also, anything you try to repair you n900 you do at your own risk.

And never run with scissors.