Active Topics

Hello all,

I'm a proud user of the N800 and have even bought a couple for immediate family. I love the very concept of portability and the usage power.

However, I need help. I've been trying to find a solution for a predicament that I'm in right now. I went out and bought an Argosy 1TB USB 2.0 / Ethernet / WiFi USB Dongle Multimedia TV HDD Media Player HV359T (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822720012) without doing much research. I assumed that both the N800 and the HV359T would play well together seeing that both run flavors of Linux.

The HV359T does not have uPNP, so media on it cannot be made available to my N800. It does have NFS/SAMBA & an NTFS partition and I can drag and drop files from a Windows computer into it via USB or network ( just \\<IP ADDRESS> from the windows box opens up the entire HDD). I don't want to map the drive as a letter on my computer and have upnp display it on my N800.

Can someone please tell me how to have the HV359T visible to my N800? I have media (movies/pictures/documents) on it that I'd like the N800 to display.

I've looked at CIFS/SMB, even tried the wizard-mounter, but I can't seem to get anywhere. Issues - The HV359T does not have a user id and password for the HDD, and I've not found a way to actually share a folder, I believe that the entire HDD is open.

Please help. And, thank you all in advance.

Found this link that might help get me started. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33776

No luck there. Tried the solutions recommended. Nothing yet.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Just checked in with Newegg, and the HV359T does not have NFS. Sorry about the misinfo.

Still looking for a perfect solution

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya

uh, not a physical connection...

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is wizard-mounter in the repositories should let you mount samba or ntfs so you can access them

"even tried the wizard-mounter, but I can't seem to get anywhere."