Got a chance to use an upcoming Motorola Android phone, which is more tablet-like because it has a big screen maybe 4". I find the screen size perfect for viewing, and even though the phone is not small it is thin. It has a 8mp camera capable of HD video capture, but I didn't try them. I don't know the cpu spec but the phone is as fast as Nexus One maybe even a bit faster. Lastly it's still on Android 2.1 but already has MotoBlur on it.

All in all, it is an impressive phone and I somewhat feel this phone will be a direct competitor to the rumored Maemo device launching this summer. IMO, this phone is worth waiting for. It's better than Droid if you don't mind the size and the lacking of hw keyboard

Last edited by sony123; 2010-04-14 at 00:29.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
But what is it? is it like an unknown device so far? Can you somehow show us some information on what you're saying? What are the specs of this Motorola device?

Maybe it's the one codenamed Sholes Tablet, I am not sure. I googled Sholes Tablet but didn't find anything that look 100% alike, though the basic dimension looks not too far from XT701.

The spec I notice are:
8mp
HD Video
HDMI
4" screen (looks like LCD)
CDMA

I need to correct one thing, I am not sure if it has MotoBlur on it or not, but the back cover has MotoBlur icon etched on it. It looks like the shipping model will have Blur.

I need a keyboard for my fat thumbs. Either that or a really big screen with soft keyboard with big buttons.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Yeah, hope this is not the nexus two. No KB no go, HD2 annoyed me even.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Maybe it's the one codenamed Sholes Tablet, I am not sure. I googled Sholes Tablet but didn't find anything that look 100% alike, though the basic dimension looks not too far from XT701.

This thing?

Somewhat alike, but there is no bulge on the right bottom side. Besides, the 4 buttons are hard ones not sensors. The one I saw was probably a carrier-specific version based on similar hardware.

Just saw a news on Engadget and it is the device I mentioned earlier:

Engadget Moto MB810

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
can you put maemo on a moto droid?