Active Topics

I purchased a Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard to use with my N800. Is there some settings I have messed up. When I select Keyboard in the Control Panel there are three listed but not a Stowaway. What setting should I be using. I have tried the two that appear to be possibilities.

When I set the Keyboard to Discoverable (Ctrl/left-FN/right-FN) the light blinks like it is discoverable. Then the N800 shows a message of "Pairing Failed. Authentication Timeout. While the N800 says "Pairing" the light quits blinking but after the error message, it starts blinking again.

Do I need some other software? I have the latest version of the OS.

Thanks for any help.

When the keyboard is in discovery mode, and you try to pair the N800, the N800 gives you a number, or you can create one yourself. Enter that number on the keyboard.

I spent 45 minutes in a shop trying to get a keyboard paired, and not once did the *****s mention this step. Sheesh!!! Do we have to know everything!

Thanks for your help. That is exactly what it was. I needed to input the four numbers in the keyboard. It paired and now it works great.

I should have thought of this step, since that is what I was instructed to do on my Palm Treo with the same keyboard. Now, I have one keyboard that will work with both devices.

If your kbd is like the one I got I would secure some of the screws wtih loctite or laquer the sooner the better.. it's a nice keyboard but the build quality could have been slightly better. It's _almost_ perfect..

Thanks for your advice about the screws.

I will definitely remove them and apply Loctite!

The help I am receiving through this Forum is fantastic!

For most of them just carefully check that they're tightened (apply very little force - the threads they screw into are often just plastic), then apply a drop on top of the screw (so no need to apply Loctite on the threading itself, unless it's broken already, as one was when I received my unit). That should keep them from coming out, hopefully.