Hello, I've had my n800 for about a couple of weeks now, and I've loved it. But as of now, it's not working. So last night, I was fooling around with it and I saw the lock code, so the first thing I did was to try it out. I figured out that the default code was 12345, and I thought that was too simple to use it as a lock so I changed it to my own code, and was on it for a couple of hours without thinking about it, and then this morning it was on lock, and I typed in the lock code that I set, and it said incorrect, and then I proceeded to try 12345, and no dice. I've tried a lot of different combinations, still nothing. I heard that if I could get it to update by flashing it would reset it, but it won't connect using usb to the update wizard. Any thing that you guys would think that would even have a slight possibility of working, please say it, it's not that big of a deal if it won't work. ANY help appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I wonder if it will remember the.lock code forever if the battery is removed?

Before that, however -- do you really know how to flash it? Doesn`t flashing work on a locked device? Can anyone verify?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I tried removing the battery, still nothing. I'm not positive I know how to flash it, I just followed a guide and it didn't seem to be working. If it helps the lock screen replaces the nokia hands, so it's right after the white and blue nokia letter screen.

Sorry to double post, but I got it working. I found out why it wouldn't connect to usb was it was a bad cable. So I had to update it, with no back up :x. I don't really care about the programs, I'm just mad about my pictures, I had some sweet pictures on there lol. Oh well. OS2008 is pretty sweet.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Good news!

Just for future reference: There _is_ a way you would have been able to back up all your files, but it involves some familiarity with Linux.
Search for fanoush's custom initfs with telnet in these forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to convulted For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hell, with the initfs, you can even remove lock code prompt (move osso-systemui-early)