hi everyone. i'm new here. where can i get faster n9 tweak? i been searching on a lot of website but found none.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=630

a simple search would do it in the future

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=630

a simple search would do it in the future
no, i mean how to download it. is it the same like jailbreaking where i need to jailbreak it to download the tweak? all the search made me very confused. previously i didnt have any problem understanding jailbreaking and tweaking for my iphone through youtube and all that stuff. but it a different story for my nokia n9.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
just download it and click on it...it'll self-install, reboot and voila done

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
just download it and click on it...it'll self-install, reboot and voila done
do u have the link to the download? or do i download it from the app store? i using pr1.2 fresh update from yesterday.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Be welcomed.

First, there's no jailbreaking involved, and the term/method doesn't apply anyway in our community, in difference to iOS. Second, there's no "app" store, besides Nokia's own OVI. You can freely install applications that you downloaded from all over the interwebs to the device's freely accessible file system, or from user/community (so-called) repositories.

Third, download the attachment from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=409 save it to your N9 and just open it from the file manager.

Fourth, research/read a bit about the differences between an (relatively) open Linux-based phone/device and the almost completely closed iDevices/Infrastructure.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-07-09 at 07:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Be welcomed.

First, there's no jailbreaking involved, and the term/method doesn't apply anyway in our community, in difference to iOS. Second, there's no "app" store, besides Nokia's own OVI. You can freely install applications that you downloaded from all over the interwebs to the device's freely accessible file system, or from user/community (so-called) repositories.

Third, download the attachment from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=409 save it to your N9 and just open it from the file manager.

Fourth, research/read a bit about the differences between an (relatively) open Linux-based phone/device and the almost completely closed iDevices/Infrastructure.
finally someone explaining the term.. thanks. the file manager, where do i open it? is it from the phone or from the laptop? another question is what is nokia flashing? found that term in youtube but the funny part is they only show u step by step to flash the nokia device but never explain the term of nokia flashing and what is it used for?

installed n9 already. there no icon right? cause when i install it, the phone reboot itself. seems like my phone is a lot faster nw. not laggy.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by fusionbites View Post
installed n9 already. there no icon right? cause when i install it, the phone reboot itself. seems like my phone is a lot faster nw. not laggy.
That is correct. Now you know the joy of the N9(00).

A free and open(ish) system, Not dependent on app stores.

You can browse your files! Use it as mass storage without any need for other software!

About 90% of software can just be installed. Inception (clever) is more akin to rooting really. And used to install things like system packages, and overclocking with access to the kernel.

"Apps" That can modify Hardware behaviour!!! Oh my!

Seriously, both the N900 and N9 are great and I'm happy that you got one. If you like playing around with your phone and tweaking it and such, you'll love it. Just do a bit of research, and you'll quickly figure out most things. It's really not complicated.