Hello,

Yesterday my quietly lying N800 (OS2007, 4GB+16GB) suddenly showed white screen with blue Nokia on it. After several minutes of this preparation for self-rebooting I took out battery and left if for the night. It happened several times before and in the morning I was able to turn it on without problems. But today it didn't wake up

Any ideas how to fix this?

TIA

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
that sucks. as a last resort, you could try re-flashing. i hope you don't have too much special stuff stored on the built-in memory, because you probably won't be able to back it up. but i bet that'll get your tablet back in working order. are you currently able to charge the battery?

the more non-nokia apps you try, the greater the chance of random rebooting, especially if you're trying somewhat experimental stuff. but random rebooting usually doesn't leave the tablet stuck on the white screen (from the stories i've read, anyway). sucks.

I don't store anything valuable on internal memory.

Problem is I don't know if battery is loading, no signal of life anywhere. I am not sure if flashing is possible at all.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Do you have a spare battery for testing?

No
Note: this is unit with power on/off enigma bug (one of reasons I didn't get around to flash for newer version of system).

Ufff. After somewhat 6h of loading battery woke up. After booting it showed expecting 2h of working. Normally after 4h of loading it should show expected 7h.

Something wrong with battery or maybe some wild process caused collaps?

AFAIR I left it running with FBreader, RSS Feed Reader and Web Browser. Also symptoms were ususual. It happened before few times that I run down batter and it looked similar: white screen + blue Nokia on it and after several seconds N800 closes down. Now this stage lasted several minutes.