Active Topics

hi. I update my nokia to PR 1.3 vr first i install the global firmware
Code:
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
and after i put the vanilla
Code:
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
with flasher 3.5 but during vanilla reloading at 99% advancement I get this error
Code:
Update failed!6  % 255947 /  255947 kB     0kb/s]
. my phone is working and the version is changed to 20.2010.36-2 but i have some problem with image folder in my phone memory they are not recognized with my phone and the kmplayer also not able to play the KVM files. please help me i had this problem with PR 1.2 also before. i am working with windows 7 (32) in my PC.

Last edited by maemo_n900; 2010-11-16 at 11:25.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Did you reboot in between Fiasco and eMMC?

What command did you feed flasher 3.5 to flash the Fiasco image?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
no sir. I not reboot. i had problem with this before as i said(pr 1.2). and I used maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2

Last edited by maemo_n900; 2010-11-16 at 12:00.

Try running the eMMC flash again, make sure you have a fully charged battery and make sure the connection to both the PC and N900 are good.

If that doesn't work, try using a different USB port, if that fails, run Ubuntu from a live USB/CD and flash from within Ubuntu.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Try running the eMMC flash again, make sure you have a fully charged battery and make sure the connection to both the PC and N900 are good.

If that doesn't work, try using a different USB port, if that fails, run Ubuntu from a live USB/CD and flash from within Ubuntu.
sory sir this my first time that i hired about Fiasco image and Ubuntu. wouhd u mind tell me more about them. i looked at Fiasco image method in wiki but i can understand it. plz if it posible tell me brifly about Fiasco image and Ubuntu. also tell me when they used for and who I can use them. thanks

Fiasco = Firmware
eMMC = home/user/MyDocs

Ubuntu is a very user friendly flavour of Linux, you can install this on your PC or run it from a USB stick or Live CD if you don't want to install it directly.

Using Ubuntu you should never see errors like you are experiencing using windows.

wouhd u mind tell me more about them and how I can used them. becouse i cant undrestand them in wiki

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

It doesn't really get much more straightforward than this...

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

I dont know what is this mean? and how can I apply this
Code:
sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
and is this necessary to provide the fiasco image or not and if this yes where can I get this image

Originally Posted by maemo_n900 View Post
I dont know what is this mean? and how can I apply this
Code:
sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
and is this necessary to provide the fiasco image or not and if this yes where can I get this image
Yes that is the correct command to flash if you are using linux and have downloaded flasher in tar.gz format, now you need to download the firmware image from here:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Make sure you download the latest image in the variant that is best for you. If in doubt, use the global one. Then cd to the directory where you saved the image and run the afore mentioned command. Make sure you substitute the <firmware image> in that command for the file name of the image.

Are you wanting to flash the eMMC as well?

Please read the wiki, it explains everything you need to do.
There are instructions on how to flash from Windows, Linux and OS X so it should have you covered.

Last edited by James_Littler; 2010-11-17 at 18:54.