Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Hei,

I have a few questions regarding performance. So far, my experience with this phone has been great. However, it has not been as good at multi-tasking as it seems in the videos I see. I start noticing lags for instance if I am on a Skype call and try to open an application during that. Or if I have the music playing in one window and I start browsing. It is not a lag that would make my experience uncomfortable but it still tickles me, you know?

Have other people noticed the same lag? Is it normal or have I installed something that may be eating up memory in the background? Currently I only have applications from Extras (No extras-testing or extras-devel).

Also, how do you remove that "Getting Start" application icon from the menu. I knew how to do that but I just can't remember after flashing my device a few days ago.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I would say that if programs don't show any lag while they are being multitasked then something is wrong =) Or at least if they behave as fast as when only single tasking. Off course it's different for programs that can basically just pause on background without doing anything, but listening music and browsing is quite heavy. Depends on webpage. Without saying it should be obvious that going to engadget page and listening musin on background might make music stutter. Disabling flash from browser could make things better. Same thing with heavy javas sites for example google services.

To uninstall programs you just have to go same place where you install them. App manager =)

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I think his problem is priority (to me) or niceness (to you). Some apps are just too darned nice. Such as, e.g. starting the web browser window while playing music chokes the sound. Or, for example, things taking shape while I'm filming.

When the user makes a video, thou shalt not bug. Mmmkay?

When the user plays audio, thou shalt not choke the player. It's OK for the web to start 50 ms later, it is not OK for the player to hold for 50 ms.

We need notifications queue. And a tuneup on niceness. And a GUI to alter niceness, not by much, just a blue ball on the other side of the close button in exposee. Only one ball at a time, and the program is god to non-system tasks.

Maybe I should be in brainstorm.

ETA: Ha, I have *404* posts.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.