Active Topics

Notices

Some phones have a debug menu where you can view all kind of network data, such as the rx/tx signal strength, which base station and channel you are connected to, etc.
Is there anything like this for the N900?
If not, is there any API for getting that info?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Healthcheck has some of it....
(There are two versions of healthcheck) - the python/qt ones in testing and extras, and the c++/qt one in devel.

So the code for those should give you a good start in either language (The python one will give you the code when you download it, and it you want the c++ i think there is a link from my website somewhere )
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Thanks for the reply.
I downloaded the healthcheck (not sure which one I got, I searched for it in the app manager, and it took about 4.7MB to download).
The problem is, it crashes at the CPU check :/

I use netmon.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
radu, sorry 3 different versions :P hehe
the one in extras should work, but 1.3 my have ruined the python within :P
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I use netmon.
I second the vote for netmon.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.