Hi,

I have just bought a brand new N810 but have not yet managed to get it to turn on. With just the battery in it does nothing when pressing the power switch. When I plug it into the charger a Nokia screen comes up and then it blinks a white screen about 13 times. After this the screen goes off and the power switch still does nothing.

Is my N810 DOA or is there a way I can get it to work?

Does it do this if the battery is not fully charged before the first use?

Thanks for any help, hope I don't have to take it back to the shop

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
What happens if you let it charge for a while?

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply

It's been plugged in for quite a few hours now but without the screen working I have no way of telling if its actually charging or how much its charged

The charging so far seems to have made no difference, how long does it usually take an N810 to charge to full?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Hmm, it doesn't sound right. As a test, I've just switched my N810 off then plugged it into the charger. Without pressing the power button, plugging in the charger causes a white background with a large word NOKIA on it to appear, then after a few seconds that disappears and the screen is mostly black except a charging symbol in the middle. I don't see the flashing white you're seeing.

I only got my (brand new) N810 a couple of days ago, and I saw the same thing when I plugged it into the mains for the first time, so I don't think what you're seeing is normal for a brand new unit, even if the battery is fully discharged.

If you know anyone else with an N810, or any other device which uses the BP-4L battery, you could try their battery just in case your one is dodgy and isn't able to be charged, otherwise I think you may need to get a replacement/refund for the N810.

I have an N810 for almost a year and a half now. In February it started not recognizing touch on the screen. I know this is a known issue, but I was working with it and it seemed to always come back.

Then at the beginning of June it started to not only forget about the touch screen but has not stopped blinking since. From power on to power off and everywhere in between - I can navigate with the controls but the keyboard (for entering text in an internet browser) isn't recognized all the time.

I've heard of the wsod but not for the n810, could this be the same thing???