Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I'm having real trouble connecting to the wireless network at my university (Stockholm School of Economics) from my phone.

I installed the certificate first and tried to connect to the network but the fact that you can't select a certificate (the only option was "none" even though the certificate showed up in the manager) confused me. However, I searched through the forums and figured out that you just need to create the connection manually and let it be "none".

Some of the instructions found on the forums hinted that its important to add the domain name but my university wireless network doesn't use a domain name. The instructions (given by the university) just talk about entering the Student ID (which I have been trying).

It gives me an error related to the certificate first: "Certificate not currently valid. Check date and time settings." and then, after a while, says "Authentication Failed".

I don't understand how the certificate can be invalid. I got it from the university and everyone seems to be using it.

Hiya,

I've had exaclty the same problem with the WPA2/PEAP/MSCHAPV2 network at my office, and managed to get it working.

You do need the domain name, but you have to enter it as part of the username, in this format :-
username@domain

To find what domain you should be using, just login to a PC on your university's network, right-click my computer, choose "properties" and have a look at the "identity" tab.

I still get the certificate error, but the network now connects and works fine.

Last edited by thingonaspring; 2010-08-30 at 21:24.

I have tried everything and it still doesn't work. I went to the PC Lab and checked the domain name under My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name and tried adding that to my user name but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution or workaround?

It's a known bug, check this https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1635
tl:dr wait for pr1.3

I downloaded the wlan tool from the bug page and haven't tested again yet. Would it work?

It doesn't. This is just so ****ing annoying! I can't use WiFi at university now. Perfect.

This is just infuriarating! My friend took his iPhone out today and set up the same network on his phone in literally 2 minutes, without even having to download the certificate! This is just so horrible. I regret my decision to buy this phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanrizvi For This Useful Post:
welcome in nokia's eduroam limbo...

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
Originally Posted by thingonaspring View Post
Hiya,

I've had exaclty the same problem with the WPA2/PEAP/MSCHAPV2 network at my office, and managed to get it working.

You do need the domain name, but you have to enter it as part of the username, in this format :-
username@domain

To find what domain you should be using, just login to a PC on your university's network, right-click my computer, choose "properties" and have a look at the "identity" tab.

I still get the certificate error, but the network now connects and works fine.
thanks it works

I'm just so disillusioned!