Posts: 701 | Thanked: 1,981 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
What! New Sailfish OS phone:
https://pine64.com/product/pinephone...lorer-edition/
Has anybody tested?
and has anybody tested even with this:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_(Pro)_Keyboard
?
It is a chinese phone with sailfish os. Already tested pinephone with keyboard but did not liked it

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
It is a chinese phone with sailfish os. Already tested pinephone with keyboard but did not liked it
I ask because I have Pinephone with keyboard with Maemo Leste and develpment stage is in usable stage today (I write this with it) and I have started to like it.

But there is not Maemo Leste for Pinephone Pro and there is not SailfishOS for Pinephone (not Pro) and I am interested in how well SailfishOS is usable with Pinephone Pro with keyboard today? I had Jolla Phone with keyboard, but I did not liked how it still shows virtual keyboard and I did not find how to put it off like I can with Maemo.

Or is there any better phone with keyboard for SailfishOS?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 1,981 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I ask because I have Pinephone with keyboard with Maemo Leste and develpment stage is in usable stage today (I write this with it) and I have started to like it.

But there is not Maemo Leste for Pinephone Pro and there is not SailfishOS for Pinephone (not Pro) and I am interested in how well SailfishOS is usable with Pinephone Pro with keyboard today? I had Jolla Phone with keyboard, but I did not liked how it still shows virtual keyboard and I did not find how to put it off like I can with Maemo.

Or is there any better phone with keyboard for SailfishOS?
Gemini PDA worked fine with Sailfish

But is Pinephone Pro Explorer edition the only phone that has Sailfish as default OS in 2024? and the only Sailfish compatible phone that is for sale today?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
But is Pinephone Pro Explorer edition the only phone that has Sailfish as default OS in 2024?
That one here?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
That one here?
Whaat!! New Jolla phone!

Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
That one here?
"One year subscription"? No, thanks. I will keep my Xperia with a one-off Sailfish purchase, thank you very much.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"One year subscription"? No, thanks. I will keep my Xperia with a one-off Sailfish purchase, thank you very much.
From page:
"The device will continue to work even though you wouldn’t continue to pay the subscription but you’ll be lacking future SW releases and feature upgrades to commercial components."
I just wonder if make one year subscription only every 5 year

To me it looks like small tablet screen size is 6.52 inch. No Other Half like original Jolla so no keyboard option ever. Does it have easy replace battery?

Posts: 363 | Thanked: 1,375 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
No, no easy battery replacement. They also promised one-off Sailfish purchase, at least for the soon coming Xperias (10IV and 10V) so I guess it will be possible also for the C2, after the included one year is expired.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post: