Notices

hi all

Is it possible to configure mail for exchange on my N900 ; the only detail i have is the webmail address and ofcourse i knw my domain, USN and password

Thanks
TOM

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by tom4_u View Post
hi all

Is it possible to configure mail for exchange on my N900 ; the only detail i have is the webmail address and ofcourse i knw my domain, USN and password

Thanks
TOM
It should be possible, yes (assuming the webmail server is also providing MfE access, which is generally the case). Use the "Mail for Exchange" section in the Settings app, and fill in the data - if you have any specific problems while doing that then just ask, and hopefully someone will be able to help.

Just a couple of issues to look out for though. MfE on the N900 doesn't support provisioning so you'll need to make sure that your Exchange system is configured to allow non-provisionable devices. The other potential issue is with the SSL certificate on the server - the N900 can only import CA certificates, so any certificate used for MfE has to be either a CA certificate or signed by a CA certificate (self-signed certificates do not usually have the necessary CA flag set).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK, Manchester
I am unable to get past the second screen where i have to input my server name and select a port number.

This use to work on E2003 but has not worked since a recent rebuild and domain change.

not sure why?

default server addr is myserver.domain.org/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

I have been told I have to turn of cal syn for it to work! problem is I have no active profile and am unable to complete this profile/setup as it fails and deletes once unsuccesfull.

any help would be very welcome?

Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
I am unable to get past the second screen where i have to input my server name and select a port number.

This use to work on E2003 but has not worked since a recent rebuild and domain change.

not sure why?

default server addr is myserver.domain.org/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

I have been told I have to turn of cal syn for it to work! problem is I have no active profile and am unable to complete this profile/setup as it fails and deletes once unsuccesfull.

any help would be very welcome?
You are just putting myserver.domain.org as the server name? The Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync part will get added within the MfE code.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK, Manchester
ahhh at last! thanks you very much! thats not obvious! buy hey!

Another thing to look into is that if you have multiple devices connected through Exchange you might need to go and delete some of them on the server and then try to sync your new device. I had to many going on and it did not take it until I got rid of the inactive ones.

On another note does anyone know if there is a way to move messages to folders. It was not available on my E90 on MFE it bacame possible on the E75 but now again it is gone.

I cannot get through the second screen, i am typing in the owa address in place of the server address and port 80 (no https)

any tips?

Originally Posted by tom4_u View Post
I cannot get through the second screen, i am typing in the owa address in place of the server address and port 80 (no https)

any tips?
Make sure you're just entering the server name (no "http://", no trailing path). What error do you actually get?

I just got mine to work, sort-of. The email part is working, but the calendar and contacts do not sync. I've read that there are some issues with those. No biggie, and the emails are the most important for me and I can sync the calendar with my workstation a couple times a week if needed.
I put my server name in owa.server.com (server is your server name)
Port is 443
Secure connection
Then I use my username and password for my domain, and put my domain name into the domain slot.

I tried with the calendar, and it did sync, but it always errored out when it reached the end of the sync task. I had to disable the calendar/task and contacts to get through the initial sync.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm having the same problem with that screen. At my company, I was told I didn't need security, so I tried with port 80. It takes centuries and I get an error saying: the server does not respond, check configuration.
When trying with security and port 443, it quickly says you may need a secure connection or account is inactive.
I don't have a clue about certificates, but I can enter the owa webpage with microb without problems.
How can I fix this?
Thanks a lot for your help