Notices

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Has anyone else managed to get the N900 to work properly with amarok with the N900 (it works fine with Banshee ughhh). I have the problem on both kubuntu and opensuse

The SD card shows up in the local media on amarok but the internal storage of the device dosn't. Having looked at the output of amarok I think the problem is that the internal storage doesn't have a partition table so it confuses amarok. However, if anyone has it working and fdisk dosn't show a a partition table too that would be helpful to know that isn't my problem. I can then bug the amarok devs.

xopher_mc

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
No problems here on Fedora with Amarok 2.4.1. I can locally browse the MyDocs partition and importing to the library also works just fine. Right now i do not know what package might provide the necessary functionality. A wild guess: is there anything like amarok-tools available?

BTW. Alter, was für ein geiles Avatar?!!!

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-07-11 at 22:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Lieber Michaaa62

I tried an update to 2.4.1. , still not there!

I can mount the drive and access it (bash, dolpin ect) but amarok dosn't see it.

What is your fdisk output for the internal disk (on you fedora machine)?
--
Das Avatar photo ist von Karl Barth

Here is the output of fdisk -l in german localisation
Code:
Festplatte /dev/mapper/udisks-luks-uuid-268a79e6-286a-44a0-b39c-5370e6754da3-uid500 enthält keine gültige Partitionstabelle

Disk /dev/sdc: 22.2 GB, 22230827008 bytes
64 Köpfe, 32 Sektoren/Spur, 21200 Zylinder, zusammen 43419584 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000
Still
Code:
df /dev/sdc
Dateisystem          1K‐Blöcke   Benutzt Verfügbar Ben% Eingehängt auf
/dev/sdc              21699152   9860240  11838912  46% /media/MyDocs
So it is picked up just fine. Silly question did you mount it as user or as root?

Mist, das kleine Bildchen sah aus wie der gute alte Karl-Eduard Richard Arthur von Schnitzler. Dann lese ich mal besser etwas über Karl Barth

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-07-11 at 23:08.

its mounted automagically as user by kde desktop mounter plasmoid!

Tried changing the lable of the partion to mydocs like yours but didn't help.

maybe its a kernel issue? I have attached at the bottom the important part from 'amarok -d'. And would be intrested what your output was.

Ich habe niemals von Schnitzler gehört, bis jetzt! Ich bin aber Engländer

--------------

1126 amarok: vendor: "Nokia" , product: "N900"
1127 amarok: ^[[00;35mBEGIN:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
1128 amarok: [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty
1129 amarok: ^[[00;35mEND__:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const ^[[00;35m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1130 amarok: ^[[00;32mEND__:^[[00;39m virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) ^[[00;32m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1131 amarok: ^[[00;36mBEGIN:^[[00;39m virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
1132 amarok: Device udi: "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc1"
1133 amarok: Device name: "/media/N900SDCARD"
1134 amarok: ^[[00;31mBEGIN:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
1135 amarok: ^[[00;31mEND__:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const ^[[00;31m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1136 amarok: Mount point: "/media/N900SDCARD"
1137 amarok: vendor: "Nokia" , product: "N900SDCARD"
1138 amarok: ^[[00;32mBEGIN:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
1139 amarok: ^[[00;32mEND__:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const ^[[00;32m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1140 amarok: ^[[00;36mEND__:^[[00;39m virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) ^[[00;36m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1141 amarok: [MediaDeviceMonitor] Device identified with udi: "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc1"
1142 amarok: ^[[00;34mBEGIN:^[[00;39m virtual void ConnectionAssistant::tellIdentified(const QString&)
1143 amarok: ^[[00;35mBEGIN:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
1144 amarok: ^[[00;35mEND__:^[[00;39m const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const ^[[00;35m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1145 amarok: ^[[00;36mBEGIN:^[[00;39m Collections::UmsCollection::UmsCollection(MediaDev iceInfo*)
1146 amarok: [UmsCollection] Mounted at: "/media/N900SDCARD"
1147 amarok: ^[[00;31mBEGIN:^[[00;39m Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::MediaDeviceHandler(QObje ct*)
1148 amarok: ^[[00;31mEND__:^[[00;39m Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::MediaDeviceHandler(QObje ct*) ^[[00;31m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1149 amarok: ^[[00;32mBEGIN:^[[00;39m Meta::UmsHandler::UmsHandler(Collections::UmsColle ction*, const QString&)
1150 amarok: ^[[00;32mEND__:^[[00;39m Meta::UmsHandler::UmsHandler(Collections::UmsColle ction*, const QString&) ^[[00;32m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m
1151 amarok: ^[[00;36mEND__:^[[00;39m Collections::UmsCollection::UmsCollection(MediaDev iceInfo*) ^[[00;36m[Took: 0.067s]^[[00;39m
1152 amarok: ^[[00;34mBEGIN:^[[00;39m virtual void Meta::UmsHandler::init()
1153 amarok: [UmsHandler] "Got .is_audio_player file"
1154 amarok: [UmsHandler] "Found audio_folder"
1155 amarok: [UmsHandler] "audio_folder=./Music/"
1156 amarok: [UmsHandler] Scan for music in "/media/N900SDCARD/Music/"
1157 amarok: [UmsHandler] Use automatically: "true"
1158 amarok: [UmsHandler] Succeeded: true
1159 amarok: ^[[00;35mBEGIN:^[[00;39m void CollectionManager::slotNewCollection(Collections:: Collection*)
1160 amarok: ^[[00;35mEND__:^[[00;39m void CollectionManager::slotNewCollection(Collections:: Collection*) ^[[00;35m[Took: 0s]^[[00;39m

Hm, this output looks okay, UmsHandler on my install is not as verbose as yours, it just reports 'Succeeded: "true"
Did you go through 'Settings' > 'Collection' Browse to your mounted folder and let it add it to your collection? I right now had the problem that one application on the N900 itself had access to the card and prvented proper access from amarok to the files it added to the library
Attached Images

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-07-12 at 08:05.

Would that not mix my N900 collection and my desktop connection? Rather than let my sync between them.

I would like it to be displayed like the SD card does in this image.
Attached Images

Hm, i am bad!
Okay, now i see my error in assuming the N900SDCARD would be the built in card! So the output of post #5 is just for the external card. Do you have the full output from all devices: Local and USB? Please put it in code-tags or quote-tags for better readability.

Hey have attached the out put in code format
Code:
EGIN: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) 
amarok:     Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc" 
amarok:     Device name:  "Nokia - N900" 
amarok:     BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const 
amarok:     END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const [Took: 0s] 
amarok:     Mount point:  "/media/MY_DOCS" 
amarok:     vendor:  "Nokia" , product:  "N900" 
amarok:     BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const 
amarok:     END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const [Took: 0s] 
amarok:   END__: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:   BEGIN: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) 
amarok:     Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdd" 
amarok:     Device name:  "Nokia - N900" 
amarok:       [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty 
amarok:     Mount point:  "" 
amarok:     vendor:  "Nokia" , product:  "N900" 
amarok:       [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty 
amarok:   END__: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:     Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdd1" 
amarok:     Device name:  "/media/N900SDCARD" 
amarok:     Mount point:  "/media/N900SDCARD" 
amarok:     vendor:  "Nokia" , product:  "N900SDCARD" 
amarok:   [MediaDeviceMonitor] Device identified with udi:  "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdd1" 
amarok:   BEGIN: virtual void ConnectionAssistant::tellIdentified(const QString&) 
amarok:     BEGIN: Collections::UmsCollection::UmsCollection(MediaDeviceInfo*) 
amarok:       [UmsCollection] Mounted at:  "/media/N900SDCARD" 
amarok:       BEGIN: Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::MediaDeviceHandler(QObject*) 
amarok:       END__: Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::MediaDeviceHandler(QObject*) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:       BEGIN: Meta::UmsHandler::UmsHandler(Collections::UmsCollection*, const QString&) 
amarok:       END__: Meta::UmsHandler::UmsHandler(Collections::UmsCollection*, const QString&) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:     END__: Collections::UmsCollection::UmsCollection(MediaDeviceInfo*) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:     BEGIN: virtual void Meta::UmsHandler::init() 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] "Got .is_audio_player file" 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] "Found audio_folder" 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] "audio_folder=./Music/" 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] Scan for music in  "/media/N900SDCARD/Music/" 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] Use automatically:  "true" 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] Succeeded: true 
amarok:       BEGIN: void CollectionManager::slotNewCollection(Collections::Collection*) 
amarok:       END__: void CollectionManager::slotNewCollection(Collections::Collection*) [Took: 0s] 
amarok:       [UmsHandler] Automatically start to parse for tracks 
amarok:     END__: virtual void Meta::UmsHandler::init() [Took: 0s] 
amarok:   END__: virtual void ConnectionAssistant::tellIdentified(const QString&) [Took: 0.001s] 
amarok:     BEGIN: bool Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::privateParseTracks() 
amarok:       BEGIN: void Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::setupReadCapability() 
amarok:         RCB does not exist 
amarok:         Has read capability interface 
amarok:         making custom read capability 
amarok:         Created rc 
amarok:       END__: void Meta::MediaDeviceHandler::setupReadCapability() [Took: 0s] 
amarok:       BEGIN: virtual void Meta::UmsHandler::prepareToParseTracks() 
amarok:         [UmsHandler] Scanning for music in  "/media/N900SDCARD/Music/"
I think the keypoint is that it says

Code:
I ran
Code:
 amarok -d
to get the debug info. What does yours say?

You are right with the error.
Did you try with the automount enabled for each and every device connected via USB?
Is the MyDocs partition mounted at the moment you started amarok? Is the filesystem of the MyDocs partition clean or may it be corrupted? Did you try to see the partition in gparted for more error messages?