Well I can type in other language in n810 in the virtual keyboard... but i don't see any way to change the typing in the slider keyboard... it's only types in english.

I changed the 2nd lanuage in the settings to the other language I want to type but it's only effects the virtual keyboard.

And I tried CTRL+Chr and it's shows a message "Input language switched" but it still in english.

Is there any way?

Thanks.

Please it's very important to me...

It's always been broken, and one of my biggest pet peeves (bug 2501 if you care to vote for it, not that it will make any difference at this point).

Edit: ukeyboard may help you, depending on what non-English layout you want.

Last edited by lma; 2009-07-27 at 18:59.

Yes, but isn't ukeyboard effects only the virtual keyboard?

Thanks.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://www.upir.cz/maemo/keyboards/

Bulgarian phonetic works great with sliding.

Well, i want to type in hebrew in the slider... so I guess ukeyboard wouldn't help me.

Thanks.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
But maybe it will fix the bug?

If the bug was fixed with ukeyboard then all the layouts would have worked in the slider...

Why else there will be a difference between languages that works and don't works?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
There is the key /apps/osso/inputmethod/int_kb_layout in gconf. The value of this key can be changed with GConfEditor for example. This key holds the country code for the hw keyboard layout, but I have no idea if changing this value manually has effect on the hw keyboard. Maybe after rebooting.

Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
Well, i want to type in hebrew in the slider... so I guess ukeyboard wouldn't help me.
Ah, non-"western" so probably not :-( There is him-hebrew for the stylus keyboard though.