Active Topics

I've got my 770 working just dandy with a USB keyboard. But for some reason the 770 does not recognize the keystrokes as input. It simply keeps going to sleep as I type.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to get it to recognize the keystrokes as input and stay awake? Is there a script that gets executed when you connect the USB that I could mess with the screen dimming characteristics?

David

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Devon, UK
You could try poking about in /sys/bus
The backlight level is set via
/sys/bus/platform/devices/omapfb/panel/backlight_level
And you should be able to check for usb keyboard too. I've also got a feeling that a visible cursor for use with a mouse is possible. Mouse input works, it's just you can't see where your mouse is pointing.

I don't think your statement is correct about the USB mouse. I connected a USB trackball to my 770 and opened the "sketch" utility. I did lots of clicking and dragging and never saw anything.

Or I might have misunderstood your comment. Let me know if you want me to try something.

David

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Devon, UK
Originally Posted by djs_tx
I don't think your statement is correct about the USB mouse. I connected a USB trackball to my 770 and opened the "sketch" utility. I did lots of clicking and dragging and never saw anything.

Or I might have misunderstood your comment. Let me know if you want me to try something.

David
Interesting. I don't have a USB keyboard, so my only experience is of using Synergy http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ to share my laptop keyboard and mouse with the 770. The problems with the on screen keyboard and screen dimming that USB keyboard users have reported is the same with Synergy so I foolishly assumed that USM mouse would work just as Synery mouse does.

Originally Posted by djs_tx
I've got my 770 working just dandy with a USB keyboard. But for some reason the 770 does not recognize the keystrokes as input. It simply keeps going to sleep as I type.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to get it to recognize the keystrokes as input and stay awake? Is there a script that gets executed when you connect the USB that I could mess with the screen dimming characteristics?

David
Unless this has been recently resolved, there is no current way of getting the 770 to reset the screen dimming with USB keystrokes (BT keyboards yes). Also, sadly, a USB or BT mouse does NOT work in any way. These questions have been discussed several times here at ITT, and the Nokia dev community appealed to, but so far no help from there.

There IS one temporary solution to the dimming problem: you can modify the dim and blank times in the control panel. You can even turn off dimming and blanking altogether. See this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=7946#post7946

John