Hey i updated my phone last night.... i dont know what went wrong... now i am getting a message sayin internal error: application closed ... pls help me in solving this ... i tried updating the software again but it say there is 0 kb to download the software...

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Please be more specific. What are you trying to do when you get 'application closed'? What works, and what does not? Did you upgrade to PR1.2 via OTA or reflashing?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
I've got the same problem. After upgrading to PR1.2 (via apt-get dist-upgrade because OTA didn't work and NSU only works on Windows and I've got only linux based pc's) the following applications ends with a 'Internal Error' : FriendStatus and Mediaplayer. When I start the applications via x-terminal I see no error. :S

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Well try flashing your phone completely. Make sure you backup everything first. Reinstall the firmware. Maybe there was some conflicting packages that were not removed before.

i was updating to maemo 5 through app manager... initially my update got cancelled then i started it again and it finished i restarted my phone and i waited for long as the phone said "pls dont intereput .... installing the updates"... after some time my phone started and when i clicked on photos it started displayin a message internal error. application photos closed.
and i am continously getting the same error again n again...pls help..

how do you do that.... i have no ideas abt it can u tell me the steps pls...

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
I've got the same problem. After upgrading to PR1.2 (via apt-get dist-upgrade because OTA didn't work and NSU only works on Windows and I've got only linux based pc's) the following applications ends with a 'Internal Error' : FriendStatus and Mediaplayer. When I start the applications via x-terminal I see no error. :S
I've only got Linux-based PCs too, and that was not a problem: I used flasher for that. You should have researched first because you'd have found that dist-upgrade wouldn't work on this case.

I advise you to reflash from your linux PCs using the USB cable and flasher-3.5: https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_...a_FIASCO_image (use only the "COMBINED" image from PR1.2, it will work - worked for me)

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Well try flashing your phone completely. Make sure you backup everything first. Reinstall the firmware. Maybe there was some conflicting packages that were not removed before.
hey how do you flash ur phone completely???? havent done before.... pls can u help me on this....

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
In many cases OTA updates just dont work because the verify stinks with obvious non local traffic and the posts on here really show that to be the case so yes the only way to update is using flasher and a local file.

hey i have no ideas abt this phone
i am getting the internal error.... so can u pls help me with what should i do and how to start with from scratch....