I was hoping that the email app would get fixed eventually. But my problems are getting worse. Yes, this is another email complaint thread.
- app won't start
- app won't get mail
- app won't delete mail

Rebooting solves most of the problems. Other times I need to clear out my inbox through web client. Gmail doesn't seem like anything special. Why doesn't it work yet?

Sigh. I'll quit complaining and look for another email client. I thought I'd enjoy hacking the n800, but I was hoping at least web and email would be stable.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I understand the problems is getting the people with Modest because I had the same problems with the old mail client, but more useful reports could be better. Not only "Modest doesn't work".

Have you searched in bugs.maemo.org? There is some bug reports for Modest waiting for feedback and logs.
Also, the most important bug, that could be related to your problems, will be fixed in the next SSU.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Try Claws Mail.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
I understand the problems is getting the people with Modest because I had the same problems with the old mail client, but more useful reports could be better. Not only "Modest doesn't work".

Have you searched in bugs.maemo.org? There is some bug reports for Modest waiting for feedback and logs.
Also, the most important bug, that could be related to your problems, will be fixed in the next SSU.
link gives 403. also, next SSU?!

i thought all hands where on fremantle these days...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
link gives 403.
Bugzilla is closed for reorganization today.
also, next SSU?! i thought all hands where on fremantle these days...
Some teams are devoted to Fremantle, not all.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Apps don't get bugfixed, nor do they get updated. They only release whole OS upgrades.

Seriously, the only regular upgrades of Modest were when it was in beta, since then there has been 2 releases... Or have I missed something?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by tso View Post
link gives 403. also, next SSU?!

i thought all hands where on fremantle these days...
In these days surely all hands are put on the Fremantle alpha release, but after the next week, when I think (want?) it will be released , some people could be testing further the Diablo internal releases (there are some unpublished), and give us a gift for the holidays

In a more realistic approach, I really don't think Nokia doesn't publish any SSU more with bugfixes before the Maemo 5 release.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Claws mail is a powerful client, however i want to read gmail messages using IMAP, but because of gmail tags it is not working by default.
are there any plugin or email client to receive gmail correctly?

I know there are docs with the steps to configure claws email for gmail but i would prefer the previous options..

Originally Posted by branitar View Post
Try Claws Mail.

Banned | Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
Claws mail is a powerful client, however i want to read gmail messages using IMAP, but because of gmail tags it is not working by default.
are there any plugin or email client to receive gmail correctly?

I know there are docs with the steps to configure claws email for gmail but i would prefer the previous options..
My N900 cant sync with my work email......apparently provisioning issue........this is definitely not good

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by N900schizo View Post
My N900 cant sync with my work email......apparently provisioning issue........this is definitely not good
This thread is about maemo4 (Nokia N800 and N810) email client. Please pay attention to the structure of this forum.