Notices

I hope this request can raise some interest of a good programmer.
I come from a Palm centro user and I like to manage my finance using my mobile device, there is accounting program I especially liked on Palm. PMT xl and PST xl. The interface is very simple but the function is very comprehensive. This is one of the biggest reasons for chosing N900 as my next cellphone. Because of the Garnet VM, the PXTml and PSTml can run decently on N900 as long as the Garnet VM does not crash. But I really wish there will be a similar program written by QT for N900.

I also tried other available financing & accounting softwares on N900, but their function are either too limited or hard to use. Most of them can only handle expenses. If you want a personal finance manager, you want to monitor all your assets, liabilities, and not just expenses, which is not too hard to do. The best of PMT xl is that it can be used both for accounting professionals or everyday regular user, because it applied the basic double accounting entries in a very simple and easy way. I would like to see someone start a very basic version and later add more functions. And I think this will be a really good program and should be commercially successful if later the Meego and QT gain more popularity.

I would like to offer any help from accounting side as much as I can. At the meantime, let’s hope the Garnet VM does not crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to riverus For This Useful Post:
Yes, PMT xl style accounting application on N900 woud be _really_ sweet.

I've got a Palm T5 and use it exclusively for that app. I've also installed the Garnet VM but have had no guts to use it to run PMT xl yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to fleetwood For This Useful Post:
I'd like to see something like unto abp back on the Psion 5/Nokia 9500, but it may be similar...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
Yes, PMT xl style accounting application on N900 woud be _really_ sweet.

I've got a Palm T5 and use it exclusively for that app. I've also installed the Garnet VM but have had no guts to use it to run PMT xl yet.
You should try it, then you do not have to carry separate palm devices anymore,remember to enable the SD card support for Garnet VM, then you can back up the data with rescobackup to SD card. I noticed that sometime if you do not exit the palm program properly, it does not save all the transactions you just put in, so everytime I will update the backup before I exit the palm program. I learned my lesson on the back up thing, that is also why I hope there is a native program on n900 for that purpose.

Originally Posted by riverus View Post
I hope this request can raise some interest of a good programmer.
I come from a Palm centro user and I like to manage my finance using my mobile device, there is accounting program I especially liked on Palm. PMT xl and PST xl. The interface is very simple but the function is very comprehensive. This is one of the biggest reasons for chosing N900 as my next cellphone. Because of the Garnet VM, the PXTml and PSTml can run decently on N900 as long as the Garnet VM does not crash. But I really wish there will be a similar program written by QT for N900.

I also tried other available financing & accounting softwares on N900, but their function are either too limited or hard to use. Most of them can only handle expenses. If you want a personal finance manager, you want to monitor all your assets, liabilities, and not just expenses, which is not too hard to do. The best of PMT xl is that it can be used both for accounting professionals or everyday regular user, because it applied the basic double accounting entries in a very simple and easy way. I would like to see someone start a very basic version and later add more functions. And I think this will be a really good program and should be commercially successful if later the Meego and QT gain more popularity.

I would like to offer any help from accounting side as much as I can. At the meantime, let’s hope the Garnet VM does not crash.
Yes, any migration of PMT.XL would be wonderful. Please reply to all these. If anyone knows of a way to email Joan McBride (the author of PMT.XL.) please find out what you can about any migration away from palm. (Android?) and let us know.

I like pmtxl too. use that several years. currently,i found a software called "my money tracker" in samsung app market. through it is very simple .but it's enough for me. suggest you to try. hope you have an samsung device. it ok on my galaxy s3. i don't find it in google market.