Active Topics

Notices

ok i stumbled on Blitzkrieg Onslaught mentioned in the naemo 2006 cata logue labled as a scroched clone game, what a brillant idea ! so i followed the link ...i got a 403 error
so i searched here for it got three hits
first one leads to a 403 error second one leads to a 500 error
i googled it lots of resaults no luck

does anyone have the install file laying around ? or knows where i can get one (no source code please i dont know what to do with source code im a windows user !) or know of another scorched tanks clone ?

thankyou in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to mrgreaper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
http://web.archive.org/web/200705180...u.au/~cmmo862/

WOOT!

I didnt try to install it...but give it a go

The Following User Says Thank You to mooler For This Useful Post:
It installs on os2008 on my n800 but doesnt run. It says loading then it just does away and nothing happens. Tried running it from xterm and it said it couldnt load shared library libhildon.so.0 because it doesnt exist. Wonder if anybody could recompile this for os2008

Last edited by mooler; 2008-04-17 at 03:05.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Google this blitzon_0.2_arm.deb and you should find a .deb to download- whether it works or not I could not say, but the deb is there.

It obviously did not get a lot of air play on the ITT radio, but hopefully it will satisfy you need for the clone.

Let us know if you get it going and how well it works.

Originally Posted by mooler View Post
http://web.archive.org/web/200705180...u.au/~cmmo862/

WOOT!

I didnt try to install it...but give it a go
installed it but it dont want to load, its n770 game soo surely my n800 is fast enough or is the n770 newer? (can never get my head round nokias naming methods lol)
if the n770 is faster is there anybody out there that can take the source code and tweek it a bit for the n800?

thnx for the find though chap that waslightning fasy

its n770 game soo surely my n800 is fast enough or is the n770 newer?
Its actually older than the N800 and the correct name for the "n770" is just plain ole 770. It is not an N-Series Device.

Its not a matter of speed, its a matter of files and libs that changed with the OS upgrade from OS2006 to OS2007 to OS2008. Are you running OS2007 on your n800? Im running OS2008 on mine and it installs fine but wont load because of a break in the file chain

Also http://www.archive.org/index.php
is a great resource to find pages that dont seem to exist. Not ever page will be available, but it has helped me many a time.

Last edited by mooler; 2008-04-17 at 03:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooler For This Useful Post:
Sounds like a good candidate for DosBox. Get the real thing and run it in emulation.
- Jim

Sounds like a good candidate for DosBox. Get the real thing and run it in emulation.
- Jim
Now that is a great idea. In fact I have already done such a thing. It works. Not flawlessly, but it works. I havent the slightest idea as how to tweak the settings, but it does work. So does Basstour

Originally Posted by mooler View Post
Now that is a great idea. In fact I have already done such a thing. It works. Not flawlessly, but it works. I havent the slightest idea as how to tweak the settings, but it does work. So does Basstour
Try RubyBox, it makes tweaking settings easy.

http://pupnik.de/dosbox.html

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
im running os 2008 anoying the os isnt backwards compatable guess thats a problem witth using linux and not a proper os (i know it keeps costs dowm)