Active Topics

Notices

I just bought BOTH the Canadian and US maps for Sygic Mobile Maps and am very disappointed to discover that, unless I'm missing something, I cannot use them both at the same time?

I.e. I can't route from an origin in the US to a destination in Canada!?

This seems like a major oversight, as it definitely should be possible to route from one country to another when the land masses are contiguous!

I tried to hack around the mlm file to combine the maps into one, but this trips the licensing and I can't activate my maps this way (I need to break them back out to the US and Canada maps to have them activate correctly).

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I'm driving up to Canada tomorrow, and I think I might have to revert back to my Nokia 5800. Sygic Mobile Maps is great, but, I'm sorely missing Ovi Maps - surprisingly for a free program it's probably one of the most pleasant GPS navigation systems I've used (I like it even better than a dedicated TomTom unit I've used in the past!). Sygic Mobile Maps feels quite dated without speech synthesis and the inability to route between map sets.