Active Topics

im updating to the new firmware using NSU on win 7 and it's been at:
"Estimated time left: 1 second" for probably 25 mins now so i'm assuming it's suck. what should i do? if i unplug it now will i be able to reflash from a bricked device?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I think it was only 90 MB...I did it (the first time) OTA and it didn't take all that long...maybe like 10 minutes? Definitely wasn't 25 minutes.

yeah and i'm not even doing it OTA.. so i'm assuming something went wrong and it's gonna be bricked

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
mine was 30. AFTER downloading the file.

Faetoblack also bricked means 'broken beyond repair'. I don't think it will brick by unplugging it, thou I would wait for another 5-10 minutes more before doing so.

Last edited by groeit; 2010-01-15 at 02:35. Reason: typo

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
I did it over the air, using the update menu from the n900 and took like 20 minutes.
Your sound briked.

Get the flasher and do it that way.
Why people dont use the simple option from the same device ?
Dont make things more complicated adding another layer of failures like using nokia software and a PC in the middle to run the upgrade !

Originally Posted by MatMat View Post
Why people dont use the simple option from the same device ?
Dont make things more complicated adding another layer of failures like using nokia software and a PC in the middle to run the upgrade !
because i had no choice.. it wouldn't let me do it OTA

Originally Posted by faetoblack View Post
im updating to the new firmware using NSU on win 7 and it's been at:
"Estimated time left: 1 second" for probably 25 mins now so i'm assuming it's suck. what should i do? if i unplug it now will i be able to reflash from a bricked device?
Hey how do you update using Wins 7?? What do you download?? NOkiaSoftwareUpdater?? It says incompatible for me?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I did flash it the second time, but mostly because I was trying to fix a bug with my Inbox in the mail application (it somehow got removed, and mail app never worked again). But re-flashing was VERY quick...much faster than OTA. I used a Macbook Pro.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Hey how do you update using Wins 7?? What do you download?? NOkiaSoftwareUpdater?? It says incompatible for me?
right click on the file > properties > compatibility
check "run this program in compatibilty mode" and select vista service pack 2 and hit ok. then try running it again

how do you flash?

Tags
way too complicated