Notices

Is there any way to bookmark pdf pages.

As long as we're on this topic - a similar question - is there any way to place a shortcut to a specific place in file manager and put it on the desktop? (Excuse the windows terminology). There is a specific folder I use a lot with all my notes. How can I make something that will allow me to open the folder quickly from the desktop?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Nemaruse View Post
Is there any way to bookmark pdf pages.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.... bookmark a certain page within a PDF document?
Or bookmark a URL (like mysite.org/mypdf.pdf) that will take you to the PDF in the browser?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Alas... the pdf app is probably one of the poorest of the supplied ones, features-wise. A handful number of "bugs" exist that describe these shortcomings. You might want to vote for them; this could convince Nokia to do something about them...

Here are a few of my favourites...

The last one is your guy...

If you're in the mood for a few more... check them out here... and don't hesitate to use your votes

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sxc For This Useful Post:
I meant certain page within a document. And thanks SXC.

Originally Posted by oved_etzot View Post
As long as we're on this topic - a similar question - is there any way to place a shortcut to a specific place in file manager and put it on the desktop? (Excuse the windows terminology). There is a specific folder I use a lot with all my notes. How can I make something that will allow me to open the folder quickly from the desktop?
Hi.

Yes, there is.

Check this tip http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45411

The Following User Says Thank You to MOC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you kill the PDF Reader by pressing the power key and hitting "End current task", the next time you load up PDF reader, it will load up the last page you were on. Now why they couldn't have just added a button for this...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
most likely because it was a rush job, since a bookmarking ability is one of the most essential features of any pdf reader Im trying to find out if theres any other pdf viewers for the n900 out there that do a much better job... clicking on the power button to end the current task, then reloading the pdf viewer/file does not work for me! It just starts again on page 1!

there must be a better pdf viewer out there than whats included with the n900? thanks for any info

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Alas... the pdf app is probably one of the poorest of the supplied ones, features-wise. A handful number of "bugs" exist that describe these shortcomings. You might want to vote for them; this could convince Nokia to do something about them...

Here are a few of my favourites...

The last one is your guy...

If you're in the mood for a few more... check them out here... and don't hesitate to use your votes
great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i read e books..most are in the form of pdf...but pdf reader in N900 does not have any book mark option...
tried e book reader,but it takes only epub format...long work to convert every pdf to epub...
i need a way to bookmark in pdf reader..please help...ASAP..