Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Newport, RI USA
I found phillipl's Bluetooth DUN and installed it on Maemo 5 / N900. He has several accolades on the page, so I'm sure it is working for some, but I cannot find it anywhere on the N900? how do you set it up? How do you run it?

PCSuite (which runs on Windows) has a tether utility, but I would like to connect with Linux OpenSuSE 11.2, without running Windows. I run Windows on VirtualBox on Linux but that is awkward, better to connect directly to Linux.

I used JoiKu on E90, they promise a N900 JoiKu in the year, but for now?...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Andy

Last edited by alavarre; 2010-01-21 at 02:47.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I think you will find that the 'package' is just a script to enable the daemons on the N900 so they are started up with the N900. Once the services are enabled there isn't anything else to run as such, the service is available. Uninstalling the package stops the daemons and therefore makes the functionality unavailable.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by alavarre View Post
I found phillipl's Bluetooth DUN and installed it on Maemo 5 / N900. He has several accolades on the page, so I'm sure it is working for some, but I cannot find it anywhere on the N900? how do you set it up? How do you run it?

PCSuite (which runs on Windows) has a tether utility, but I would like to connect with Linux OpenSuSE 11.2, without running Windows. I run Windows on VirtualBox on Linux but that is awkward, better to connect directly to Linux.

I used JoiKu on E90, they promise a N900 JoiKu in the year, but for now?...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Andy
I don't know how to do it in Linux, but on Windows you don't need to use PC Suite, you can just create a new dial-up connection like using regular modem, so just use the N900 bluetooth modem detected. That is what I've been doing on Windows for years.
so, I guess on Linxu it should be the same like using regular dial-up