Active Topics

I've found my self in a situation, where it seems I can't reflash my N9. I'm quite new to this, but I have flashed my phone (with PR1.2) before and it went smoothly. Now I have updated OTA to PR 1.3.

My problem is I can't zerorize my device, because my phone powers on every time i connect it to the computer. There is a Nokia logo in the middle of the screen, and a USB logo at the top right corner. Therefore flasher can't find the phone.
I start by typing (in the right directory)
flasher -f -F image.bin --erase-user-data=secure
With my phone powered off, I connect my phone to the computer, and then flasher exits. The Nokia and USB logo appears.

The last time I flashed my device, i did not get this problem, som my question is what to do?
Bare with me if I maybe have overlooked some simple thing

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
proper procedure to follow:

switch off your phone but don't plug in yet
open cmd.exe as administrator
cd c:\program files\nokia\flasher (assuming this is the path)
flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure
[plug in your phone that is powered off now]
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc

where main.bin is the rootfs file and emmc.bin is the emmc file

once done plug out your phone

follow this and report back...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-05 at 17:15. Reason: typos

Exactley. That was what I've tried. I write in the first code, hit inter, connect my powered off phone, and then nothing happens (the logos appear on the phone).
I should have mentioned that I have had NITdroid installed (dual-boot kernal, silly boot v2 and android). I have reinstalled meego through Nokia Software Updater.

anyway since you've reinstalled it then its been done but for future some pointers:

No,NiTDroid doesn't interfere with your flashing process...

Also when the logo with the usb icon comes up wait 5-7 secs for flashing to start...just make sure your usb connection to the phone doesn't get loose hence causing a normal boot-up instead...its quite sensitive to loose connections so always keep it on a hard place...

What I'm trying to do, is to delete all user data, so i read that I should zerorize the device. After reinstalling Meego from NSU, all my things were still there.

I've tried what you said (wait 7 sec), but now the charging icon just pops up, and flasher is still waiting for suitable USB interface.

ok did you check whether your PC was installing the n9 drivers when after typing the command you plugged in your phone?

Also if the driver is installing it may take some time..

However, in your case if the charging icon has come up it can be either you didn't power off (which you obviously did) or your USB connection is loose...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
My PC tries to install drivers when i connect the phone (powered off), but it failes.
I am using a HTC USB cable, and not the genuie Nokia N9 cable that it was shipped with. Does that have anything to do with it?

Edit: It does not search for drivers everytime i plug it in

I'm a big fat idiot. I've made a type-o in the code It is flashing now

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Lol and it ended up being

Bare with me if I maybe have overlooked some simple thing
Can only say you're not alone in starring blindly at the oroblem all along -> a typo, well been there a few times

Good you fixed it

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan