Dear all:
Sorry for bothering on this topic. If it is duplicated, I will delete it. See some workarounds to make microB work on 770, but it seems that most are for IT2006OS. Has anyone succeeded in using it with OS2007HE? I tried to install the microb-browser package on it, but it needs the package: osso-bookmark-menu(>= 1:0.3.10), osso-browser-opera-adapter(>=2:1.0.5). I have added the Herring respository. But I was able to install the microb-engine package, which broke my working opera. Now, I cannot use Opera even after I have uninstalled everything related to microb-engine.
Thanks.
--
Chen

Thanks to Milhouse for the correction on Minimo and MicroB.

Last edited by chyang; 2007-07-31 at 03:58.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Microb will _not_ work on OS 2007HE... it needs the latest 4.2007 version of OS 2007 which was only recently released for the N800 - OS 2007HE is based on 2.2006 of OS 2007. A new version of OS 2007HE should be available soon, and this version may be compatible with Microb.

The topic for this thread refers to Minimo which is not Microb. Minimo may work just fine on OS 2007HE, and you shouldn't need the extra Herring repository which is a workaround for OS 2006.

Finally, you may have to reflash your device in order to undo whatever changes were made by attempting to install Microb.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Microb will _not_ work on OS 2007HE... it needs the latest 4.2007 version of OS 2007 which was only recently released for the N800 - OS 2007HE is based on 2.2006 of OS 2007. A new version of OS 2007HE should be available soon, and this version may be compatible with Microb.

The topic for this thread refers to Minimo which is not Microb. Minimo may work just fine on OS 2007HE, and you shouldn't need the extra Herring repository which is a workaround for OS 2006.

Finally, you may have to reflash your device in order to undo whatever changes were made by attempting to install Microb.
Thank you very much for your reply and clarification on MicroB and Minimo.

For the Opera, I have tried the upgrade on my MMC mobile, so I believe I will have the alternative to just copy the original content from the internal flash.

I use Minimo on 2007HE. It works, and when I say it works, Google Calendar works!
It's just slow, but I'll create the virtual memory and see how that goes.

I tried Microbrowser and it just crashed.

I installed Microb on hacker ed and it broke my opera too but once i uninstalled it opera works fine again...

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by lilavati View Post
I use Minimo on 2007HE. It works, and when I say it works, Google Calendar works!
It's just slow, but I'll create the virtual memory and see how that goes.

I tried Microbrowser and it just crashed.
Google calender works on opera under 2007He.

bun