Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Thought this might intrigue some, especially those in the US that don't get much in the way of advertising. Is Nokia about to take it to its competitors with marketing?
http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...=39919&start=0

(If you aren't registered, you won't be able to see the images, so I suggest you register if you want to partake in the ensuing discussion. Today I've made an exception and will publish this here, since this is big Maemo news, and no one seems to have caught it yet. Maybe the blogosphere is asleep...)

Last edited by christexaport; 2009-10-20 at 15:17.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Can't you just crosspost the whole topic here as you are the author?

Image wont load if you arent signed in on your site as well.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

I'll see what I can do. Wasn't sure about rules and all. Its been updated too.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
I'd prefer everyone register and read it there, but I'll make this exception because this is major important IMO.

I've been a pretty loyal Nokia smartphone user the past 4 years, but not all has been rosy. Competition has risen, Nokia's marketshare has been on a roller coaster ride, and the public perception is Nokia is unwilling to take off the gloves when it comes to marketing and responses to its competition. This is especially the case in the US.

Well, this morning, while browsing my morning RSS feeds and checking the emails from last night, I got a message from WOMWorld. Hoping it was a message telling me a trial N900 with the sexy BH-905 headphones was on its way, I rushed to open it. But it wasn't a typical WOMWorld message. No, this was almost cryptic, and I was confused about it in the beginning. The subject line said "Something to get your juices going." Here's the message, which was actually just a zip archive containing this image:
Attached Images

Once I saw the news clipping style of the message, my juices did indeed start flowing! What in the heck did this mean? My mind begin churning, but none of it meant I was getting my N900 any sooner, so I dug deeper. "It has begun... Major Compete" Hmmm...

That's when I thought about something. Have my prayers been finally answered? Will Nokia finally start marketing its smartphones using comparison advertising? "It has begun..." So whatever it is, its already been set in motion. Does this mean a commercial on US television? "Major compete." Will there be a Motorola/Verizon Droid-like ad campaign against all these Android, Apple, and Blackberry pretenders like I've wished for years?

Nokia doesn't realize how the comparison commercials from the competition hurt its loyal consumers as much as fool the market, and if my assumptions are more than conjecture, they look like they'll finally be hitting back! If there's one thing I like, its seeing a good fight, especially one where my favored opponent should easily win. I have been ashamed at Nokia for, in essence, ducking fights with the brave competition. Its time to show who the real champ is, and I'm more than ready for the world, and especially the US, to see exactly who's the king of the mobile computing and communications space.

I'll be keeping an eye on this entire situation. Nothing is confirmed yet until I get a confirmation on what's going on with Nokia. Until then, I'm awaiting round one, and don't expect this to last very long. I say Nokia in 4 rounds by split decision. So RIM, Apple, Microsoft, Andriod, let's all touch gloves. There are no rules and no such thing as a fair battle. Any questions? Too bad, because it's on. FIGHT!!!!

UPDATE:

I've come to find out that if you browse to http://www.MajorCompete.com, you get this image:
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
The "M__m_" part should pertain to Maemo, so something is definitely cooking. Not sure what the other seven letter word below it could be. One of those things to make you go hmm... I'll keep you posted as more develops. I suggest keeping an eye on that URL for future clues.

I love this viral marketing approach for the blogs.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
...Not sure what the other seven letter word below it could be...
The seven letter word could be Tmobile.

On the other hand, the five-letter word could be magma, maims, mamma, miami, mommy, etc...

MAGMA! That must be it! LOL

think post-it is hinting to www.maemoproject.com?

check that out, certainly looks like police interview cell to go along with the "kidnap" style cut out letter above?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njoughin For This Useful Post: