Active Topics

Notices

Hey itt, I had to send my n800 back a couple of days ago. I think it was an application problem (it bricked). Could you tell me some apps that i should stay away from so that this doesn't happen again to me?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dg4892 View Post
Could you tell me some apps that i should stay away from so that this doesn't happen again to me?
No. Short of physical damage or hardware defect, you rather have to work at causing enough trouble that a reflash won't fix an Internet Tablet. Playing with nolo might do it, but no normal application that you install and run will.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm sorry but I don't tend to believe you when you send a tablet back in an earlier post about a dependency problems (totally ott) which was done in a mode which isn't enabled by default and isn't meant to be enabled for fun.

sjgadsby got it right. Of course nolo has no reason to be touched ( and it wasn't) and echo 589555 > /deev/mtd* will really brick it and will really give you a reason to send it back...

I dont have a clue as to what you talking about, Qwerty. Kind of sounds like your pissed off.
All I know is that I was going to send it back because of os2008 issues, then i reflashed it to os2007 and everything went well. But after I got all my apps running(Canola, youtube, rdesktop, and the icon bar thing) my n800 started to crash. I then attempted to reflash it, and after the reflash it turned off, and I could never turn it back on.(Yes i charged it). So i sent it back, now i'm just wondering if there are any "toxic" apps that i should avoid.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by dg4892 View Post
I dont have a clue as to what you talking about, Qwerty. Kind of sounds like your pissed off.
All I know is that I was going to send it back because of os2008 issues, then i reflashed it to os2007 and everything went well. But after I got all my apps running(Canola, youtube, rdesktop, and the icon bar thing) my n800 started to crash. I then attempted to reflash it, and after the reflash it turned off, and I could never turn it back on.(Yes i charged it). So i sent it back, now i'm just wondering if there are any "toxic" apps that i should avoid.

Fair enough, I didn't write much sensical stuff there. I'm sorry, it does sound like I was, once again I apologize.

Hmm, I don't think those progs are designed to run under 2007. But it may have been slowness, grab the load applet to see cpu usage. usually, the n800 will reboot itself if it crashes.

As for reflashing, sorry to hear about it but bootloader is the first thing to flash, maybe it had life in it somewhere? My n800 waits for me to remove the cable before it boots up after reflashing.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
iTablet

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
iTablet
iTablet bricked your tablet?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
iTablet bricked your tablet?
When my N800 read the other related iPosts.....
it bricked.
stay away from iPosts.
all better now.

The Following User Says Thank You to IcelandDreams For This Useful Post: