Notices

Hi Guy,

The browser in Nokia N900 works well after I installed Thai Font from Maemo.

However, there are some websites that I still can't read it in Thai. (Example: invisionplus forum). It displays like Alien Language. I try to find the encoding... found it.. but there is no Thai.

Anyone can help me please? I need to reply in that board.

Thanks

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by kaibakung View Post
Hi Guy,

The browser in Nokia N900 works well after I installed Thai Font from Maemo.

However, there are some websites that I still can't read it in Thai. (Example: invisionplus forum). It displays like Alien Language. I try to find the encoding... found it.. but there is no Thai.

Anyone can help me please? I need to reply in that board.

Thanks
Try install uKeyboard from Extra-Devel. It will have Thai support for keyboard also as language pack.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Try install uKeyboard from Extra-Devel. It will have Thai support for keyboard also as language pack.
I did it sir. That's the situation right now.

Most websites are fine. Only board like invisionplus can't be dispalyed in Thai.

In the Option menu, there is a Adjust View. You can change Encoding to what you want, but there is no Thai

Last edited by kaibakung; 2010-03-02 at 02:27.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I did it sir. That's the situation right now.

Most websites are fine. Only board like invisionplus can't be dispalyed in Thai.
Include your own font type then. Simple is that. Just like you did on windows Machine.

copy the font to the:

usr/share/fonts

extract the fonts from the site and then drop it in the fonts directory above.

eg: put the fonts in the memory card
----------------------------------------------------
cp /media/mmc1/fonts*.tff /usr/share/fonts

This will copy the fonts to fonts folder from Terminal commandline.

If "cp" failed then try "mv"

mv /media/mmc1/fonts*.tff /usr/share/fonts

Include your own font type then. Simple is that. Just like you did on windows Machine.

copy the font to the:

usr/share/fonts

extract the fonts from the site and then drop it in the fonts directory above.

eg: put the fonts in the memory card
----------------------------------------------------
cp /media/mmc1/fonts*.tff /usr/share/fonts

This will copy the fonts to fonts folder from Terminal commandline.

If "cp" failed then try "mv"

mv /media/mmc1/fonts*.tff /usr/share/fonts

Thank you sir! I really want to try your suggestion but I'm very new to Linux.. So I don't really understand how to use command like usr/share/fonts

I found out that invisionplus board uses these fonts { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif

So I have to copy these fonts to the folder you told me right?

Thank you sir! I really want to try your suggestion but I'm very new to Linux.. So I don't really understand how to use command like usr/share/fonts

I found out that invisionplus board uses these fonts { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif

So I have to copy these fonts to the folder you told me right?
No that is not the font for the device. You need to find the fonts type they using on the site. The fonts tag in the CSS is not the actual font type.

So until you find font files then you can't view their site. Ask them which fonts they using and ask them for True Type font.

No that is not the font for the device. You need to find the fonts type they using on the site. The fonts tag in the CSS is not the actual font type.

So until you find font files then you can't view their site. Ask them which fonts they using and ask them for True Type font.
Found it sir. The default font is Angsana New

yeah and use XTerminal to copy files or move it from memory card or eMMC to your /usr/share/fonts folder

Follow my command above. You could place the file anywhere you like. Just as long you can give the right path to copy or move it to the fonts folder.

In my example I used: Memory card/Fonts
But in your case you can use anything you like, if you have a memory card then you can follow my step. For eMMC then use it may be slightly longer.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
yeah and use XTerminal to copy files or move it from memory card or eMMC to your /usr/share/fonts folder

Follow my command above. You could place the file anywhere you like. Just as long you can give the right path to copy or move it to the fonts folder.

In my example I used: Memory card/Fonts
But in your case you can use anything you like, if you have a memory card then you can follow my step. For eMMC then use it may be slightly longer.
I will install by using MMC. However, I have to buy the MMC first cause I don't have it.

Thank you very much Mr.maxximuscool

You are very friendly

No problem, glad i can help. Do ask me if you need more assistant. Or mail me at: [email]gmail/email] if you need help

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2017-04-10 at 19:53.