Yesterday, Apple introduced MobileMe, with some cool features.

1) Mailbox with push mail.
Do you guys think it would be possible to make the push mail work with maemo? or with linux? ie with something else than apple or ms products.

2) Contacts sync.
This is definitely my favourite feature. I've got contacts on every of my comps/tablet/phone and none got the same info.
Contact app on my phone and on my comp is pretty descent, while on maemo, it's not that good. The UI should be reworked, starting by the list on the left being moved to a (much less size consuming) drop down menu, in order to get some place for some more info about the contact.
At least I think OS2008 really need a good contact sync, maybe using mobileme sync.

Now, we know Nokia is about to realease Ovi, annouced with contacts and calendar syncing. Will it be compatible with OS2008? at least for contacts?

I know NIT aren't PIM devices, but contacts are useful for mail, IM, could be used to send SMS, and one feature that would kick *** would be to be able to select a contact adress as your destination in the maps application.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
dont know about contacts, but push mail seems to be covered by gmail using imap and modest. calendar by gcal and gpe...

Didn't knew about the gmail puch capabilities, I'll try that, thanks.

My main concern still being about contacts. It's not a maemo problem, it's more general than that. The state of syncing is still pretty bad to my humble opinion.
There is a good effort with OpenSync but it's still far from satisfying, again to MHO.