Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Well I got my Nokia n800 today off Zendoo.com.
First I noticed the battery wasn't charged right.
Next when booted I see the kernel info and a Nokia splash with some infs info. Is the normal for the n800 boot up?
The device came with Maemo 2007,but I flashed it to the latest Diablo.
Still shows kernal and infs info at boot.
Also,the n800 isn't seeing my WIFI.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ Chicago
Hello fellow tablet user my name is Jermaine and I own a N810 and also in the past I have owned a N800 and mine has never booted like that, I want to know if you bought it used for a website and if so that could be why also when you open the box did it have the nokia sticker holding the box closed.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by trin20t View Post
...when booted I see the kernel info and a Nokia splash with some infs info. Is the normal for the n800 boot up?
It is not normal. Your tablet has been set to R&D mode. You're going to need to flash your tablet from a Linux computer to set things right.

Hopefully, someone else will step in at this point to provide you with more specifics.

EDIT: I just noticed that according to the R&D mode wiki page, the Windows flasher should correct things automatically. Did you flash via Windows?

Originally Posted by jus2much314 View Post
Hello fellow tablet user my name is Jermaine and I own a N810 and also in the past I have owned a N800 and mine has never booted like that, I want to know if you bought it used for a website and if so that could be why also when you open the box did it have the nokia sticker holding the box closed.
Did you not see where I said I bought it from Zendoo.com?
It's used!

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
It is not normal. Your tablet has been set to R&D mode. You're going to need to flash your tablet from a Linux computer to set things right.

Hopefully, someone else will step in at this point to provide you with more specifics.

EDIT: I just noticed that according to the R&D mode wiki page, the Windows flasher should correct things automatically. Did you flash via Windows?
I use Mac OS X. Anyway to resolve this on a Mac?
I'm nervous! It won't even see my WIFI.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Yes, use the Mac flasher from (I assume this is an PPC Mac - if not, then install Linux or something on a spare partition): http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/d3.php

And invoke the flasher with "flasher-2.0.macosx --disable-rd-mode". And once that is done, you will want to update. Instructions can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Sorry, didn't read the part where you said you have already flashed it to Diablo. If you don't want to reflash, disabling RD-Mode will remove the green information upon bootup. Good luck!

The syntax for the Mac flasher is the same as the Linux one.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-05-06 at 16:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Yes, use the Mac flasher from (I assume this is an PPC Mac - if not, then install Linux or something on a spare partition): http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/d3.php

And invoke the flasher with "flasher-2.0.macosx --disable-rd-mode". And once that is done, you will want to update. Instructions can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

The syntax for the Mac flasher is the same as the Linux one.
Qwerty thank you dearly!

Still have issues. On a PPC Mac and have the Flasher 2.o,but when I evoke a script itwon't allow commands!

Why can it connect to WIFI in R&D mode?

Last edited by trin20t; 2009-05-06 at 20:11.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by trin20t View Post
Still have issues. On a PPC Mac and have the Flasher 2.o,but when I evoke a script itwon't allow commands!
Code:
sudo chmod 755 ./flasher-2.0.macosx
sudo ./flasher-2.0.macosx --disablo-rd-mode -R