Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I could had sworn I once saw an app for Diablo that allowed you to download sites (not just wiki) for off-line browsing - but can NOT find it.

Anyone know of one or maybe I just imagined it....?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

could you not just save the webpage? microb supports that.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Yeah but if I understand it right i would have to save each page individually (it doesn't crawl down).

There is a site I want to use offline that, simplified, have one main page and a lot of pages one layer below that you get to from a two step selection process. They also updates periodically.

What I would LOVE is a tool that would crawl down X levels (or even 'download as you browse' ('start download' browse...'stop download'). And then the site could be accessed offline and you could trigger a sync ton see if any content had been updated.

Not sure this exists as a Diablo tool though
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I see, that sounds like it would be really useful. Perhaps iceweasel can do something similar, if not, perhaps an add-on for it.

Nvm: found the tool and solution: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/httrack/

httrack didn't want to install for me but i got webhttrack to install http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/webhttrack/

still figuring out HOW it works though

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
You could look at wget, a command line tool.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

There's also pyplucker, and for the desktop sitescooper. (I'm mentioning sitescooper because it will sync and only get what's changed--and who knows? It's just a big perl script; maybe you could run it on the NIT.)

Thanks, I ended up using Webhttrack and wrote up a little something about it here should anyone be interested, I like it a lot: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52211