Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Southborough, MA - USA
I have looked at a friend's N800 in detail. I think I want to buy and N810 but not until I can actually hold one in my hands to try out the keyboard. I have failed to find any stores in eastern Massachusetts who actually have one. I tried Microcenter in Cambridge but while they have had them, they have none and have no idea when they will get one again. Can anyone help me out with a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Move to another state...

Regards,

Omega

Best buy Worcester has them in stock. perhaps there is a best buy in your area that has the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to windzilla For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I tried the Best Buy in Framingham who never heard of them. I will call the one in Worcester tomorrow.

You can check Best Buy's inventory via their web site. Which naturally is down at the moment.

4 months ago they had one on display when you walked in. the only people who actually know about them are the people in the cellphone area (where they are located) everyone else, including managers are oblivious to them. I know this because i was trying to determine the return policy and they had a manager wide debate on whether they are cellphones PDA's or laptops. They couldn't figure it out, but told me i could return it if needed.

I didn't, though it was my intention to do so and purchase cheaper online. long story that ends with me getting married a month later.

The Following User Says Thank You to windzilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
I know this because i was trying to determine the return policy and they had a manager wide debate on whether they are cellphones PDA's or laptops.
I lol when the system fails. Hope you find it though.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Interesting situation- I too experienced this. For a while I was searching for a place where I could get my hands on the n810 to fiddle around with. After seemingly futile attempts at calling most electronic stores in the Boston area- all of which had no idea of what I was talking about and those who thought they did repeatedly referred to it as a phone, which sounds like scratching a blackboard to me- I finally hit the jackpot with Best Buy [Hynes Convention location]. None of the other Best Buy locations carried the N810. They might still have some.

I purchased it from Best Buy for x amount and then found a good deal via a promo online which totaled to less than x amount including shipping- Best Buy allowed me to return it- they asked why and I told them that I thought it was a phone...

I have struck out with Best Buy. Their website says that the N810 is available for web sales only. I may have to buy one from someplace that has a good return policy. I have a friend in DC - Microcenter stores have them. There is a Microcenter store in Cambridge but they don't have them and don't know when they will have them. Sigh.........