Having been a one time N800 owner I am baffled by the functionality of the N810 camera. The lack of ability to pop-out and turn the lens on the N810 means that it is always pointing at the screen user. I want to turn the device around and point it at a subject and then take the shot. Not ideal I know as I now cannot ideally compose my shot but that aside what I could really do with is a short-cut to capture the picture without having to resort to tapping the screen.

Does the default camera application have a button assigned to grab the shot or is there a more suitable application available than the default one?

Alan

The camera is meant more for webcam purposes then a camera. There is software to do it such as camera, knips but the software for the camera seems to be a bit buggy (I've found it often crashprone if I try to use it for anything besides internet calling)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I am very disappointed that Skype doesn't support our NIT video cam. I would be happy if it would be very low frame rate, just so I can see the other person.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
If you want an application with a hardware button to take a picture, try liqbase. The camera mode UI isn't great (currently...), but it maps the fullscreen button to taking a picture. It's also worth noting that the pictures are stored in the slightly obscure location of /home/user/.liqbase/sketches

I second that. Out of all the camera apps I tried, liqbase is the most reliable oddly.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...