Active Topics

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
got the iOne usb wireless keyboard on my n800 using USBotg adapter. it's a compact keyboard with pointing device built in. Worked perfectly on my n800 using the mouse support patch (USBMouse.deb)

in PenguinBait's KDE, everything work as on any laptop

also tested the Solidtek Usa 540P with touchpad and all is good

then I got a Solidtek Super mini keyboard-only device (8" wide)

and I have yet to receive the USB Playstation2 keyboard but was reported working ok by another user (available at Toy'r US in the USA)

Last edited by smog; 2008-04-16 at 14:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smog For This Useful Post:
What do you think of the Solidtek Super Mini keyboard? I've been thinking a small usb keyboard may be better for my needs than bluetooth since it would be one less battery to worry about having charged when I need it (which isn't very often). Is it large enough to touch-type on? Similar to a typical laptop keyboard?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
The super mini is almost the same as the asus eee keyboard; usable just not like a full sized device but I can type large emails without problem. the ps2 ultra mini keyboard is more problematic but much more portable than the super-mini and more complete than the built-in n810.

the only thing I would like on the super mini is a clito type pointing device so I can go in KDE like on my laptop.

something else: as I have a good electronic soldering iron at home, I will change the usb cord for a cord that will not need any adapter and plug directly in the n800 (increasing portability)

the keyboard with the touch pad is what I use everyday at work (leave more estate for crap on my desk). The keyboard with the joystick is from my HTPC. The super mini is a special order for my n800 as is the Playstation cheatcode keyboard.

Last edited by smog; 2008-04-17 at 19:37.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Ottawa, ON Canada
How do you get a solidtek keyboard to pair with the N800? The tablet can "see" the keyboard, but I cannot input the code to finalize the pairing.