Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
I'm working with a N810 Diablo (all latest updates installed) and a Sony/Ericsson HBH-DS970 bluetooth (a2dp capable, but I've not installed the N810 hacks).

Previously, all worked fine, but haven't used the headset with the N810 (probably since before the Diablo install). This morning, I'm trying to get audio connectivity to work, but it's not.

In a conventional setup (phone as primary, n810 as a secondary device), the N810 connects, then disconnects (from hcidump, it looks like it connects, reads the capabilities, then disconnects).

In a "re-pair a-go-go" fits this morning, I turned up that if the N810 is paired as the primary device, then things work just fine. (Note however, this is not a satisfactory solution, as then the phone wants that relationship for the call control stuff -- only my phone's music player works then).

I'm not exactly a bluetooth expert, so reading the hcidump output doesn't give me any real insight.

In the past, I've loaded the bluez-utils-test and such, but never monkeyed with the config files, and I've cleaned all that stuff out.

Before I just re-flash, has anyone seen similar behavior, or recognize this? (Searching the forum turned up some related, but not same, situations).

I'm not looking for A2DP or anything - just standard HSP (it's just podcasts I'm listening to ....)

Tags
bluetooth, hbh-ds970, headphones, not a2dp