Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Chorley UK
Hey guys, I've read through all the suggested threads & searched google & ITT forums but cant seem to find the answer to my question.

Has anybody used the SDHC cards available from Play.com which are sold as their own brand?

I read somewhere that play.com's own SD cards are actually rebadged sandisk ones.

If thats correct then http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...archtype=genreseems like a fantastic offer. Best I can find on the web (except from Amazon or Ebay but we all know about the fakes floating around those sites) Especially as they claim to be class 6 sdhc.
They also sell a 16gig for £16 quid or a twin-pack(?!?) of 4gig cards for ~10 quid.
SHould I go for one of these? anybody else using them in their n8x0?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cardyology View Post
I read somewhere that play.com's own SD cards are actually rebadged sandisk ones.
This is quite possible. As I understand it, the vast majority of SD cards are made by just three manufacturers: Panasonic, SanDisk, and Toshiba. Beyond that, it's all just stickers.

I don't know that I'd count on Play.com sticking with SanDisk though. I expect many companies jump from SD manufacturer to manufacturer over time and for different lines (capacity, speed).

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
i bought the 16gb one recently to stick in my camera - now
holds 4k pics. it works. not much more to say.

Yep, there are only 3 (or possibly 4 now - but don't trust me on that) SD card manufacturers.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Chorley UK
I think im gonna go ahead & buy the play.com 8gig one. Whats the worst that can happen eh?

Originally Posted by cardyology View Post
I think im gonna go ahead & buy the play.com 8gig one. Whats the worst that can happen eh?
yeah i think you should buy one. i read the site and so far all comments are positive

i din know there were alot of fakes in amazon, is this true?