Notices

I cleaned out my phone by deleting images which were on my memory card and have recently discovered that the N900 has been misbehaving.

(see attached image)

i get an image of a cracked photo instead to indicate something is wrong with the file. when i click on the broken image i get the message 'this image is not available'. so i cant even delete this file. i literally have a hundred of these icons which make their way between my normal gallery photos.

today however i noticed these annoying icons disappeared. in their place were photos i had deleted a while back. on trying to re delete these the icons came back. so it looks like files have not been deleted properly from my memory card. i cannot see them anywhere except when they show up in the gallery.

any ideas guys/girls on what i should do? i want to avoid formatting the memory card.

thanks
Attached Images

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by afaqali View Post
I cleaned out my phone by deleting images which were on my memory card and have recently discovered that the N900 has been misbehaving.

(see attached image)

i get an image of a cracked photo instead to indicate something is wrong with the file. when i click on the broken image i get the message 'this image is not available'. so i cant even delete this file. i literally have a hundred of these icons which make their way between my normal gallery photos.

today however i noticed these annoying icons disappeared. in their place were photos i had deleted a while back. on trying to re delete these the icons came back. so it looks like files have not been deleted properly from my memory card. i cannot see them anywhere except when they show up in the gallery.

any ideas guys/girls on what i should do? i want to avoid formatting the memory card.

thanks
Close down all media programs (Media Player, Photos, etc) and, in X Terminal, run "tracker-processes -r" - this will clear the media cache. Then launch Media Player or Photos again to restart the indexing - if you have a lot of media then this can take a while (and will impact performance while it's running).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Thanks Robin.

Worked beautifully.