Anyone had a try on it??

RTCOMM is "Internet Communications Software Update" for OS 2007 ...

Can this be installed on 770 with OS 2007 HE??

Can we use this as sip client for 770 ?? ofcourse without Video...

I am looking for a basic sip client on 770 to connect to my local asterisk server.

Can we use RTCOMM + ITOS 2007 HE to make it possible??

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Well, I can't vouch for the 770 part. But I have installed it on my N800 and have it connecting to an asterisk server running 1.4.4. It has some issues registering, and the voice quality is ok. But all in all its working. So I'm guessing as they work out the bugs its only going to get better!

Under the advanced options I turned the registering from 'auto' to 'options' and that seemed to work. I've been able to make both outgoing calls and receive incoming calls

The GIZMO project supports SIP and is alway up to date .

Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo View Post
Well, I can't vouch for the 770 part. But I have installed it on my N800 and have it connecting to an asterisk server running 1.4.4. It has some issues registering, and the voice quality is ok. But all in all its working. So I'm guessing as they work out the bugs its only going to get better!

Under the advanced options I turned the registering from 'auto' to 'options' and that seemed to work. I've been able to make both outgoing calls and receive incoming calls
EXACTLY what options other than logon/password did you use to get to your Asterisk server? We just installed one at work and while Gizmo will connect to it just fine, same with our Polycomm phones and softphones on OS X and Vista the rtcomm SIP beta just doesn't.
Odd considering even my Nokia N95 with it's painful roll-your-own VPN policy can connect to it over VPN wi-fi.
What number did you use for the keep-alive-frequency after you selected Options?

Last edited by iball; 2007-09-22 at 02:22.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Originally Posted by iball View Post
EXACTLY what options other than logon/password did you use to get to your Asterisk server? We just installed one at work and while Gizmo will connect to it just fine, same with our Polycomm phones and softphones on OS X and Vista the rtcomm SIP beta just doesn't.
Odd considering even my Nokia N95 with it's painful roll-your-own VPN policy can connect to it over VPN wi-fi.
What number did you use for the keep-alive-frequency after you selected Options?
Ok, so looking through my account options.

Transport: Auto
Outgoing proxy:
Port: 5060
Discover public address: (checked)
Keep-Alive mechanism: Options
Keep-Alive frequency: 5

I'd check your asterisk box and do a tail on the asterisk-full log file. Chances are maybe your N800 isn't registering correctly? It might show up in there.

Can some body tell me please where i can find the OS 2007 for 770?? thank you