I need to send in my N800 to have the screen replaced.
IŽll have to do some three weeks without it. But I need to access the info, such as GPE Calendar, GPE Contacts, etc.

I have installed the VMWare Maemo SDK. Is there a way that I can upload my programs to the virtual device, connect my SD-cards through USB, run my programs and access the data on my SD-cards, while the N800 is in repair? IŽm struggeling, but do not manage so far.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Gpe-calendar and gpe-contacts are available for the linux desktop (ubuntu jaunty repos have it but I bet they are available for most distros, and you could compile them too) so if you get your data files only you could manage with the same apps on your computer.

Also, for what is worth, gpe calendar can sync with google calendar via the erminig application, so before you send your tablet to repair you could vnc into it and do the sync and enjoy your appointments from that interface.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Gpe-calendar and gpe-contacts are available for the linux desktop (ubuntu jaunty repos have it but I bet they are available for most distros, and you could compile them too) so if you get your data files only you could manage with the same apps on your computer.

Also, for what is worth, gpe calendar can sync with google calendar via the erminig application, so before you send your tablet to repair you could vnc into it and do the sync and enjoy your appointments from that interface.
THANKS. Just finished doing what you suggested with GPE Contacts. Works just fine.
Tonight IŽll continue with syncing GPE Calendar as you suggested. Perhaps tomorrow I can then mail my beloved N800 to their repair place in Huntsville Alabama.