Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I hate all these blogs/websites like engadget etc. It is because they are american. I am not talking as a fan boy. It is just unfair. Nokia is loved in almost all the world. Europe, China, Singapore, Russia (maybe Japan). But one thing I certainly know is that it is hated in the USA. Why?

Because most blogs and websites like engadget are from the USA. Now these websites put Android and iPhone, Windows Mobile and even Palm on a pedestal and always pick on Nokia. It may be because Nokia is so successful that they want to give a chance to their brands. I may be wrong but you almost never hear about any iPhone problems..or any Android problems. With Nokia you always hear about slow OS and not powerful etc. Well I had my N95 8GB and it was pretty fast and very powerful. And the N900 is even better in some areas.

I personally feel that these websites are attacking Nokia to discredit them, whereas iPhone and Android are apparently flawless. The worse part is that it worked on most of the USA. And it is slowly creeping into Europe. Even here..I hear about the iPhone and the 'amazing' things you can do with it. Sure that's fine it is a great device, but my N95 could do what it did and do it better, And the N900 still has a much better browsing experience.

I am not saying the iPhone is bad. It is one of the best devices around. But websites like engadget make people believe that the iPhone is the best at everything it does which is just not true. They are doing the same with HTC devices. While somehow Nokia always screws up. Which is not true. At all. I know people owning HTC Devices. And iPhones. Heck I even used an iPhone for 3 weeks before selling it. They are great devices..but not perfect.

These websites has put the mentality that if a Nokia gives you problems, getting an iPhone or HTC would solve all your problems. Well guess again. They do have problems too. My point is that it's not Nokia that stopped producing great devices. It websites like those with unfair reviews that is slowly killing Nokia.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I hate all these blogs/websites like engadget etc. It is because they are american. I am not talking as a fan boy. It is just unfair. Nokia is loved in almost all the world. Europe, China, Singapore, Russia (maybe Japan). But one thing I certainly know is that it is hated in the USA.

[...] It may be because Nokia is so successful that they want to give a chance to their brands.
Yes, I completely agree.

Americans are the most nationalist people ever.
They don't like or care about anything that comes from outside the US.

Some of them don't even know where European countries are...

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I hate all these blogs/websites like engadget etc. It is because they are american. I am not talking as a fan boy. It is just unfair. Nokia is loved in almost all the world. Europe, China, Singapore, Russia (maybe Japan). But one thing I certainly know is that it is hated in the USA. Why?

Because most blogs and websites like engadget are from the USA. Now these websites put Android and iPhone, Windows Mobile and even Palm on a pedestal and always pick on Nokia. It may be because Nokia is so successful that they want to give a chance to their brands. I may be wrong but you almost never hear about any iPhone problems..or any Android problems. With Nokia you always hear about slow OS and not powerful etc. Well I had my N95 8GB and it was pretty fast and very powerful. And the N900 is even better in some areas.

I personally feel that these websites are attacking Nokia to discredit them, whereas iPhone and Android are apparently flawless. The worse part is that it worked on most of the USA. And it is slowly creeping into Europe. Even here..I hear about the iPhone and the 'amazing' things you can do with it. Sure that's fine it is a great device, but my N95 could do what it did and do it better, And the N900 still has a much better browsing experience.

I am not saying the iPhone is bad. It is one of the best devices around. But websites like engadget make people believe that the iPhone is the best at everything it does which is just not true. They are doing the same with HTC devices. While somehow Nokia always screws up. Which is not true. At all. I know people owning HTC Devices. And iPhones. Heck I even used an iPhone for 3 weeks before selling it. They are great devices..but not perfect.

These websites has put the mentality that if a Nokia gives you problems, getting an iPhone or HTC would solve all your problems. Well guess again. They do have problems too. My point is that it's not Nokia that stopped producing great devices. It websites like those with unfair reviews that is slowly killing Nokia.
Completely agree with you on how the American blogs/websites discredit other more successful companies in order to better picture their own domestic ones. It's the same thing that happened with Toyota. I really doubt they had 8.5 million cars with technical flaws, especially after such a long standing reputation of the most reliable firm. It was just part of the American plan to boost their own sales, especially this was quite obvious after the shutting down of departments of GM such as Pontiac, Saturn, etc. For Nokia, it's going to be critical, since a lot of sites that published the units sold for 5 months have not updated, or even if they did, just like engadget, the old title remains.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
That's an awfully broad generalization for a country of nearly 400 million people.

Can you label a map of the 50 US states? Many of which are larger than most European countries. How about South American? Africa? Asia?

Everybody has their own degree of geocentricism. It's hardly a trait unique to Americans.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2010-05-28 at 18:20.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, I completely agree.

This is a typically ignorant European rant. If American't don't like things from outside the US, why is our trade deficit big?

aren't most European countries somewhere in Europe?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Woodbridge, NJ, USA
Yes, I completely agree.

You can count on all Asia and Middle East for Nokia market, that includes India, UAE, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia etc...

Very true about your thought of "Unwelcome People and Products coming Outside from USA"...that's the reason all banks/retailers/news/entertainment industries have published free iPhone app but nothing for Nokia...

Interestingly -- USA is biggest immigration country...

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
What's European? is that somewhere next to Australia, in the Bering sea?

jk. I do know were Romania is...Black sea salt.

Last edited by telecomgeek79; 2010-05-28 at 18:53.

I didn't know there were other countries apart from America? Where is Romania? Is that east Texas?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I didn't know there were other countries apart from America? Where is Romania? Is that east Texas?
I've heard that's the same as Transylvania, which is a county in North Carolina.
Not sure about east Texas, though. East confuses me. Does that mean left or right?